Full Perm objects are showing up as No Transfer in Content Folder of a sale box

100BMDeveloper02

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm currently trying to set up a series of boxes in a store that allow the person who clicks on it to copy the contents into their inventory. However, when testing it out people who clicked on the boxes saw that some of the contents were marked with "No Transfer". I've gone through and checked all of the objects that are acting up to see if there were pieces, scripts, or textures that were making the contents show up as No Transfer, but there was nothing. They were full permission.

When I tried to give the contents to a person manually the assets transfered just fine, and in their inventory they see them has Full Perm. However, when they place the assets into the Content folder of a box I see the "No Transfer".

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any reason why some of these objects are acting up. Some of them were created by myself, while some are using free/purchased full perm objects.

Does anyone know what might be going on, or have a possible solution? Thanks.

2 answers to this question

I can offer a diagnostic suggestion, perhaps.  If you aren't already using Debug Permissions, turn it on now.  Take a look HERE to see how to do it and what it has to offer.  I have been turned inside out many times trying to track down a permissions issue and have found Debug Permissions a very helpful tool.

Did you also set up the next owner permissions properly? It makes a difference if you give items to somebody or they take a copy from a box. First uses the permissions you have set in the properties, latter the permissions you set with the next owner permissions within the build tools floater.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.