Post your Second Life jokes/humor/parodies here!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Soda Lemondrop's SL episodes (now up to No 13) are very funny.

I knew the first was a classic from its opening line, "OK, I'm going to tell you how to make a million dollars in Second Life..."

Oh! And thank-you so much to Wildcat. It made me smile to see "the grid is down while we bang on things" which is a little ironic.  I remember refreshing the grid status page, sometimes a very long time after the quoted grid re-opening time, and I never felt like smiling when I saw the apes again, and again, and again....

The memories of shutdown Wednesdays :matte-motes-not-entertained:

Lexie Linden wrote:

Wildcat Furse wrote:

this SCREEN brings me back such good memories Torley.....it makes me smileeeeeee *meows*

"while Lindenlabs was banging on things, I am pretty sure some people,
when seeing this message popping up on their computerscreen,
were banging on things in real life I think ......their partners, furniture, .....talking about DRAMA"

bang_on_things.jpg

Ohh  I loved that screen!   :matte-motes-big-grin:

You know, I actually used to look forward to Wednesday afternoons just so I could see that screen.

Which is pretty sad of me really! :smileytongue:

you weren't the only one.... I thought that was one of the most amusing messages they had (it used to be you'd get it for 404 pages too)

IMO, some of that humor is what's missing from the current "profession image".... it encouraged resident to have a bit of a light laugh when things went wrong... now there's to much CorpBorg "Error, malfunction in grid 33-5-7 rerouting in progress" (which WOULD be funny if accompanied by the appropriate picture and sounds)

• Lindens

Re: grid monkeys, there may be an inworld "easter egg" in the not-too-distant future. ;)

Perrie, I wonder how they made that! (Whether it was recording both convos on the same screen, or separate screens and compositing. Given the independent typing unless some other editing tricks were involved, I'm inclined to believe the latter.) I'm enamored with showing two (or more) perspectives... and the ending message is a beautiful one. It reminds me of a book I read the other day called How Full Is Your Bucket?

Also, from Ramit Sethi: "Success in life is directly proportional to the number of awkward conversations you're willing to have."

I started a brief gallery of bizarre and wonderful imagery from Second Life... appropriately called SLWTF.

lol. I thought of a few one liners for like profiles or tag lines or what not, never got around to using them. Maybe they can be a tshirt or something, if they aren't already:

Im not a player, I just crash alot

and

I'm not really an avatar, I just play one online.

:P

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.