Post your Second Life jokes/humor/parodies here!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

I heartily enjoy humor about Second Life, including that which happens within SL: like cultural jokes about hippos and purposefully wearing a blurry texture suit so everyone else goes mad wondering when you're going to clear up (takes one to know one). Also, shows like The Office that show characters playing SL, or outright satire.

I've seen other threads touching on such funny topics before, but I wanted to start this one to compile LAUGH after LAUGH. Good clean fun. OK, have at it! Here's something I spotted, and BONUS POINTS if you know where it's from:

5705063330_c2c6b416bb_b.jpeg

Ha! Love the webpage! I have no idea where it's from though. I'm assuming it was on some sort of parody site like 'The Onion' or something?!

This is not exactly an SL joke, but it is kind of is a joke based on some 'issues' people have with Facebook and it's relation to SL. I'm actually not a huge fan of Facebook, but I don't mind the links to SL profiles etc for those who want to use them.

Anyway, on that subject, I was browsing the Marketplace recently and found a store with lots of amusing T-Shirts. This one in particular took my fancy:

Me - You Like This!.png

Given that some people love Facebook style 'liking' and some hate it with a passion, I figured wearing this in SL would provoke some interesting and mixed reactions! :D

Oh yes, I should have posted a link :)

It's right here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/T-Junction-Me-You-like-this/1232313

Be sure to check out the rest of the store as they have lots of really funny tees. As well as the store listings for Kalli Serevi also check out Lauren Bisiani's listings as it looks like they jointly run the store and share the listings.

There are so many of them that I want to buy so, rather than spending a fortune in oen go, I'm going to buy a new one each week to match my mood :)

(P.S. Word of caution to anyone following the link. Some of the tees are a little naughty and there are swear words. So don't visit if you are easily offended!)

Oh, we musn't forget the classics that are Man vs Second Life and it's sequel of course!

I nearly choked laughing at the "Second Life is not a game. It's an online social experience" - "Your mom is an online social experience" exchange from Man vs Second Life 2!

Torley Linden wrote:

I heartily enjoy humor about Second Life, including that which happens within SL: like cultural jokes about
and purposefully wearing a blurry texture suit so everyone else goes mad wondering when you're going to clear up (takes one to know one). Also, shows like
The Office
that show characters playing SL, or outright satire.

I've seen other threads touching on such funny topics before, but I wanted to start this one to compile LAUGH after LAUGH. Good clean fun. OK, have at it! Here's something I spotted, and BONUS POINTS if you know where it's from:

5705063330_c2c6b416bb_b.jpeg

This may be a long shot but I am going to guess Grand Theft Auto.  Beyond that my google-fu fails me.

The only joke I found in SL was 'played' on me.  I needed to earn L's so I asked around for some work.  An older avatar I met on help island offered me a job.  It was in an orange juice factory.  When I arrived on my first day the manager told me that  I could not concentrate; so I got canned.

:matte-motes-bored:   

I love this thread.

I think some of the funniest "jokes" in SL are the actual conversations & experiences we have in world, like the newbie who pops into one's bedroom or the boyfriend who goes AFK while trying out a sex bed in a store. Since most of those aren't my own stories, though, I'll just share this video about Inventory hoarding.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

One of my recent favourites is this JIRA:

I'd forgotten about that JIRA. It really cracks me up!

I mean - I know we're not supposed to abuse the JIRA, but as a one off it's really funny. Especially given that just about everyone has maintained faux seriousness throughout and even a Linden chimed in.

Suella Ember wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

One of my recent favourites is this JIRA:

I'd forgotten about that JIRA. It really cracks me up!

I mean - I know we're not supposed to abuse the JIRA, but as a one off it's really funny. Especially given that just about everyone has maintained faux seriousness throughout and even a Linden chimed in.

Totally...I think a couple of them commented and Monty is working on a fix LOL :D

• Lindens

HAR HAR HAR LOOK WHAT'S BEEN ROLLIN' IN!!!!1

@Perrie Yup! In Grand Theft Auto IV, you can use an in-game, simulated web browser at an Internet cafe. While "My Online Me" — or "MOM" — has an acronymic similarity to "WOW", the wording definitely makes me think of none other than secondlife.com. I'm surprised hardly anyone else picked up on this before, considering that GTAIV has been out since 2008!

@Storm Oh geez. I heard a joke about "Do kids with ADHD go to Concentration Camp?" the other day.

@Rhonda On a vintage tip, yes, that video was circulated madly within LL years ago. An unlikely fusion of bits and, well, bites of candy. Recursion is so funny. Incidentally, our CEO Rodvik (Rod Humble) has been known to deliver a computer to the player inside The Sims. Mmm easter egg.

@Persephone Yes! It's like, "OMG I've done that too..." when a joke says what's been on a lot of people's minds. I have so many memories attached to treasures too. Along the same lines as "OMG-It's-A-Cube!", someone else (I can't remember who) packaged a set of basic prims and said "With these, you can build anything in SL!" I saw a clever trick once where a single sculptie prim was used to resemble multiple plywood cubes.

@Peewee Haha, I remember a time when some guy said, "One thing I like more about RL is that the framerate is so much faster. But the downside is I have to eat."

There've been some amusing April Fool's as well: http://secondlife.wikia.com/wiki/Did_You_Know

@Irene I used to go about with a rowdy gang and dress up people on camping chairs — they endured the humiliation for the lure of "riches" was too great to detach them from said chairs!

MORE MORE BRING IT ON!

this SCREEN brings me back such good memories Torley.....it makes me smileeeeeee *meows*

"while Lindenlabs was banging on things, I am pretty sure some people, when seeing this message popping up on their computerscreen, were banging on things in real life I think ......their partners, furniture, .....talking about DRAMA"

bang_on_things.jpg

• Haha 1

Wildcat Furse wrote:

this SCREEN brings me back such good memories Torley.....it makes me smileeeeeee *meows*

"while Lindenlabs was banging on things, I am pretty sure some people,
when seeing this message popping up on their computerscreen,
were banging on things in real life I think ......their partners, furniture, .....talking about DRAMA"

bang_on_things.jpg

Ohh  I loved that screen!   :matte-motes-big-grin:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.