Standard Sizes to Mesh Bodies

HoneyBear Lovely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This has probably been asked, but despite looking for 30 minutes, couldn't find it, and god forbid I be accused of necroposting.

I'd been more "out" of SL than in for the past 5-6 years. Before I bought a mesh body, I bought a LOT of clothes in the 5 standard sizes and threw out the sizes that didn't fit. Then awhile later, I bought my mesh body.

Is there some easy way of converting the standard sizes to fit my body, or it is really just hit or miss? I got one pair of pants to fit by using my hud and using alphas, but what a pita! Would I be better off just deleting everything in the standard sizes? I suppose I could always go back to the system body, but ewww, that just doesn't work for me.

Probably, sadly, yes.  Some items might be worth keeping if you love the style and you don't have to make too many concessions to your shape and HUD alpha usage, but by and large you might as well chuck it all out.  If you still have texture clothes you love you can still use those with a BOM (bakes on mesh) compatible viewer.

• Thanks 1

Regular not fitmesh mesh clothing, rarely will fit a mesh body, but having said that I do have some styles left over from those days before fitmesh, that I can still wear,  but I had to make a whole different body shape in order to do it, and use a lot of alpha layers on my body hud..  it just depends on what you are willing to do to wear them.  Most ladies do not want to alter their body shape at all so in that case I am afraid those old standard non fitmesh clothes will never work on a mesh body.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 4:44 PM, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

This has probably been asked, but despite looking for 30 minutes, couldn't find it, and god forbid I be accused of necroposting.

I'd been more "out" of SL than in for the past 5-6 years. Before I bought a mesh body, I bought a LOT of clothes in the 5 standard sizes and threw out the sizes that didn't fit. Then awhile later, I bought my mesh body.

Is there some easy way of converting the standard sizes to fit my body, or it is really just hit or miss? I got one pair of pants to fit by using my hud and using alphas, but what a pita! Would I be better off just deleting everything in the standard sizes? I suppose I could always go back to the system body, but ewww, that just doesn't work for me.

If you bought Maitreya Lara, and you had some Maitreya clothes and shoes - many of them are updated with a "Lara" size. You get them from the redelivery terminal in the store.

Maybe some other creators have updated with mesh body sizes. I am not sure, I doubt so many did it. Could be worth a try. But in my opinion, not many standard sizes had a very good fit. If you can't get an update, perhaps just buy new clothes.

• Thanks 1

I deleted all ... ALL of my standard size mesh and I had a lot of standard size clothing. With the introduction of rigged mesh clothing, and being able to fit my clothing to the shape I liked and not having to change my body shape to fit into those sizes, it didn't make much sense to me to keep those standard sizes. None of those sizes fit the look I wanted to achieve with my avatar. They were either much too skinny or just thick with a fat waist but no hips. Nope, I didn't like standard sizes EVER.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Nope, I didn't like standard sizes EVER.

yup I pretty much agree with you on that, none of my old standard size clothing works since I got a mesh body,, but then they didn't work before either unless I wanted to drastically change my body shape.. suppose I could still change my body shape even with a mesh body, but I still wouldn't like the look.. sadly though some of those standard sized items were really good and I loved them.. but hated changing my shape to make them work.  I made my own shape so what ever I wear with it body included, has to work with that shape.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.