Are there any G rated sims in Bellisseria?

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

They're all moderate and not general. Bear in mind that moderate doesn't allow adult content in public places and you set the rules in your own home (you can ban anyone who does something you don't like). Back when it was called mature, it was where public adult content would be, but all that changed.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm not sure what the point of a General-rated area would be, as a practical matter, when a rating of Moderate also means no adult content is allowed in public areas. If you don't peek in windows, what is the difference one way or the other in a residential area such as Bellisseria? 

Nudity is allowed on Moderate regions.  People who aren't into this would prefer not to encounter it, which they won't in the normal course on a General rated region/continent

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm not sure what the point of a General-rated area would be, as a practical matter, when a rating of Moderate also means no adult content is allowed in public areas. If you don't peek in windows, what is the difference one way or the other in a residential area such as Bellisseria? 

An advantage to general ratings is the rules are a lot clearer, which can help with reporting it and discourage people from pushing it with edge cases. I'd use general if I owned a private region for those reasons. Nothing is that simple though. I had a report ignored in my general mainland region. I think the sex area only went in the end because the owner decided to move. Whereas the moderate Linden Homes regions responded quickly to the person who thought drawing genitals on the map was a good idea.

For the most part, Linden Homes get watched more carefully than other regions, which does encourage people to play by the rules. To the point that someone who griefed me at a public event was telling other people to be considerate of the moles during building. They were a model citizen when they knew Lindens were watching. I'd have rolled my eyes if mushrooms had moveable eyes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am ok if they want some G rated so long as they also provide A rated but since getting a home currently gives you a random location, I can't see how it would work in its current form.  

yes agree about the current form. It would have to be separate continents.  I think a Adult-rated Linden Homes continent off the coast of Zindra would be quite popular

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

Whereas the moderate Linden Homes regions responded quickly to the person who thought drawing genitals on the map was a good idea.

That may have been promptly actioned because of the fact that having anything placed so that it appears as a map marker is against the covenant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am ok if they want some G rated so long as they also provide A rated but since getting a home currently gives you a random location, I can't see how it would work in its current form.  

It could be done as another choice on the homes page with another continent name.

45 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

yes agree about the current form. It would have to be separate continents.  I think a Adult-rated Linden Homes continent off the coast of Zindra would be quite popular

An excellent idea for those that would want it!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I'm not quite ready to get a Linden home yet so I don't know what options are available, but I prefer living on G rated sims. Are all the sims, er sorry regions, in Bellisseria mature rated? Thanks.

The norm seems to be the setting where you can't see avatars unless you're on the parcel, and then security orbs to restrict who can get onto the parcel. You're more likely to not see anyone at all, just some green dots, than to happen onto immoderate actions.

You're welcome to hang out at my camper for as long as you want to get a feel for it. I think the covenant helps with a lot of what you might be seeking to avoid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Totally agree with this. If they were to make a G rated area (which I doubt will happen), then definitely an A rated one should be built as well. I usually prefer to have fewer rules over more, but then, I like Mainland, too. lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mollymews said:

So where do you stick the kiddies if the adults are off the coast of Zindra?

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Mollymews said:

Nudity is allowed on Moderate regions.  People who aren't into this would prefer not to encounter it, which they won't in the normal course on a General rated region/continent

I can't say that I've seen or heard of anyone just wandering around the continent nude and anyone that is nude at their own home will likely have the parcel settings such that you can't see them from outside the parcel.  Thus it is extremely unlikely that anyone will run into nudity "in the normal course" anywhere on Bellisseria. 

And if it isn't the "normal course" - i.e. they purposely stepped onto someone else's parcel and cammed into their house - then I'd say they can't complain about what they might see.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I can't say that I've seen or heard of anyone just wandering around the continent nude and anyone that is nude at their own home will likely have the parcel settings such that you can't see them from outside the parcel.  Thus it is extremely unlikely that anyone will run into nudity "in the normal course" anywhere on Bellisseria. 

And if it isn't the "normal course" - i.e. they purposely stepped onto someone else's parcel and cammed into their house - then I'd say they can't complain about what they might see.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Unless I'm actually doing the dirty (or changing my hair) I keep my parcel privacy off. I'm also quite frequently nude and enjoy sunbathing. I've seen quite a few others as well. I go boating topless. I want to go nude zip-lining, too, but haven't done it yet. I'm a little concerned about rope burn.

They're just pixels. 

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Unless I'm actually doing the dirty (or changing my hair) I keep my parcel privacy off. I'm also quite frequently nude and enjoy sunbathing. I've seen quite a few others as well. I go boating topless. I want to go nude zip-lining, too, but haven't done it yet. I'm a little concerned about rope burn.

They're just pixels. 

Oh my, oh my.  😲     

Haven't you heard that being nude, or even topless, is a terrible mortal sin?  You wicked little thing, you.

:SwingingFriends:

• Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.