Animations

BlakeAiden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I dont know if anyone can help me but I started a new avatar and I am having a few issues with him.

I Have added an AO for normal animations but when its on it works fine for like 30 seconds then the original animations overide it and it stops working even thought the HUD says its on. The only way to get it to work is turn the HUD Off and On again, then works for another 30 seconds. I then tried a dance HUD and it does the same thing. Avatar starts dancing then stops even with my AO off.

Things i have tried:

I tried taking the AO off and putting it back on but same thing happens

I have re delivered the HUDs but nope same thing

I have gone to avatar health and refreshed the attachments

I have gone to avatar health and revoked all animation permissions and stopped all animations but still doesnt work.

Any Ideas?

Thanks everyone

7 answers to this question

I was totally puzzled by this...never seen anything like it.  But then I thought, the 30 seconds that the AO does work might be a clue.

Animations in SL are limited to a 30 second loop.  Maybe the script in your AO that runs the animations simply does not loop them.

Question:  Is this a demo item?  If so, the non-looping behavior could be deliberate...a way to make sure that you have a chance to preview the animations, but will still have to buy the actual product to get the full functionality.

If it's not a demo item, you should probably contact the seller and explain what's happening.

Blake there is all kinds of issues at the moment with scripts generally.  I think you may be caught up in this larger issue. Linden are beavering away at the problem

what I suggest is that you go to another region (or two) and see what happens, as not every region server is having problems.  If your animation scripts are working ok on another region and not on your home region then file a ticket and request a home region restart. A region restart currently appears to be the go to solution

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I was totally puzzled by this...never seen anything like it.  But then I thought, the 30 seconds that the AO does work might be a clue.

Animations in SL are limited to a 30 second loop.  Maybe the script in your AO that runs the animations simply does not loop them.

Question:  Is this a demo item?  If so, the non-looping behavior could be deliberate...a way to make sure that you have a chance to preview the animations, but will still have to buy the actual product to get the full functionality.

If it's not a demo item, you should probably contact the seller and explain what's happening.

Just an FYI, but the 30 second limit was raised when bento came along. Its now 60 seconds or 250 KB, whichever comes first.

I actually thought it was 256 KB, but the limits wiki says otherwise.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BlakeAiden said:

Its not a demo no, i bought the AO. I actually use the same AO on another avatar and it works fine. I have tried going to different sims but all do the same thing. 

Thanks guys but i think i am going to have to contact the seller. :)

Ah, another clue.  If the problem is unique to one avatar, maybe it is something else the avatar is wearing that's causing the problem.  Have you tried putting on a test avatar?  Replace your outfit with one of the basic LL starter avatars.  Attach the AO.  If the problem does not appear, then replace the starter avatar with your regular avatar...but do it piece by piece.  Start with shape, skin, eyes, bald head base.  Then add other things, but one at a time.  Go slowly to give the animation problem time to manifest, if it's going to.

And @Lucia Nightfire thank you for the correction.  As Mark Twain said,

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”

Hey, So i figured out the problem and just going to post it here incase anyone else has the same issue in the future. 

Me and a friend broke my avatar down and found the issue. We went to worn items in firestorm and found out even though i had equipped a new AO i was still technically wearing the original AO that comes with the stock character i chose. So the two AOs were fighting each other. I un-equiped the original AO and boom works perfectly now.

Thanks to all who replied.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.