A landmark for a rental store

Steronum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, everyone!
I am a newbie who just opens his first in-world store and I want to provide the landmark of my store with a picture of the store, the logo, or anything who represent our store >The ChaSter Colection< to my costumers.
The problem I do face it as I do have rent this store I didn't know how do I do to put the picture representing our store and not the region?

52 minutes ago, Steronum said:

Hi, everyone!
I am a newbie who just opens his first in-world store and I want to provide the landmark of my store with a picture of the store, the logo, or anything who represent our store >The ChaSter Colection< to my costumers.
The problem I do face it as I do have rent this store I didn't know how do I do to put the picture representing our store and not the region?

If you have just rented space in a Mall you probably won't have a parcel of your own, just a building to rez in.  You should be able to create a landmark and edit it to rename it as your store but the picture will be the land picture.  If you bought a parcel for your store rather than just rented you can open parcel details in your land settings, rename the parcel to your store, change the picture and then create a landmark.  All this is something the person you are paying rent to should be able to help you with

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steronum said:

Hi, everyone!

Depending on the rental situation you may NOT BE ABLE to add the picture to your store logo. In order for you to be able to do that each "store" needs to be a separate parcel.   Typically you pay more rent for malls that let you rename your area for your brand.

Otherwise you are just part of "ABC Mall". You can rename the LANDMARK as LittleMe says, but if you are in a general Mall area it will always show the MALL info and not your store info.   Also, if there is a landing point set by the mall owner people will not be able to teleport to your store directly, they will have to walk to it -- hopefully finding it from the red arrow (and sometimes beam) that leads the way.

So you are smarter now and know what to look for next time. Hope it works out for you.  

• Thanks 1

Welcome to SL and wishing all the best. Just a tip: In SL, the landlord/renter can break the rental agreement any time and it happens a lot. Therefore its not good idea to promote a store landmark unless its your own parcel rented out directly from Lindens. The best way is selling things in marketplace and promote your SL group by getting customers to join it. If you really want an inword store, rent out store from already popular sim, and put the lardmark in your profile, almost everyone know to find store by visiting the creator's profile.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.