Why Can't I Get Into My House? Lostbell Region

Elora Lunasea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Making this into a new topic since I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person this has happened to.

Got a new house today in Lostbell. Am not able to open the 1st floor doors to the Winchester -  can open the balcony doors and get in that way.

Can not get into the Continental.

Can get into the Alderly

Can get into the Adams, but only one side of the entry door opens.

Earlier today, there was a house "stuck in the pipe" that someone finally got that couldn't get into his house either. I happened to be at the house because I was trying to catch it also and he saw me there and we happened to start talking and he mentioned he was having trouble. Also, in Lostbell.

Wondering if anyone else today had any issues in this region?

This sounds like it's related to the bug Quartz and Dyna were working on last week, tho I think that issue was about the trailers being rezzed with doors locked.  With yours, the doors don't say they're locked, they just don't open?   Did you try setting the access to Everyone and trying the doors, just in case that workaround helps with this too?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

This sounds like it's related to the bug Quartz and Dyna were working on last week, tho I think that issue was about the trailers being rezzed with doors locked.  With yours, the doors don't say they're locked, they just don't open?   Did you try setting the access to Everyone and trying the doors, just in case that workaround helps with this too?

Yea, that was the first thing I did. 

Did not work. I sent in a ticket. In the meantime, I rezzed chairs all over the house so I can get myself into the house without going up to the 2nd floor :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Yea, that was the first thing I did. 

Did not work. I sent in a ticket. In the meantime, I rezzed chairs all over the house so I can get myself into the house without going up to the 2nd floor :P

While you wait for a response from your ticket or a mole to contact you, try clicking on the house controller mailbox and hold for 5-7 seconds and release. It should reset the mailbox scripts. This 'might' fix it, might not. Can't hurt to try.  Unrez the house and re-rez it afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moles

@Elora LunaseaIt's too late for me to do anything about this tonight, but this sounds very similar to a problem I resolved on Lostbell earlier today.      

The description of the issue was almost identical.   I couldn't get the scripts to respond at all (I should have been able to see debug messages) even though the viewer could tell the front door was touchable.    Rezzing a new house didn't cure anything, and neither setting all scripts in the house to running (they were already -- I'd checked) or even replacing the rezzer with one from our reference region, where we keep the latest copy of all the houses, houseboats and trailers. 

Long story short, I eventually restarted the region and that seemed to fix it.   Just before doing this, I checked the region stats and, while they weren't perfect, they shouldn't have caused this sort of problem, and several of them seemed to have more to do with my connection rather than the simulator.

I suspect it may be something to do with the issue described in the Grid Status Report https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/263n6z6w1sp0  (though I don't fully understand how) but if it's still a problem, please drop me a slurl or landmark in world and I will see what I can do.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

• Moles
7 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

While you wait for a response from your ticket or a mole to contact you, try clicking on the house controller mailbox and hold for 5-7 seconds and release. It should reset the mailbox scripts. This 'might' fix it, might not. Can't hurt to try.  Unrez the house and re-rez it afterwards.

I don't think that's going to do any good in this case  The problem, whatever is causing it, is clearly with something inside the house (I suspect the control panel script) rather than the house controller outside the house.   The house controllers are working as expected,  but they're nothing to do with the doors.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I suspect it may be something to do with the issue described in the Grid Status Report https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/263n6z6w1sp0  (though I don't fully understand how) but if it's still a problem, please drop me a slurl or landmark in world and I will see what I can do.

That makes a ton of sense to me. From what the blog post says, the big scripting issue is causing all sorts of chaos. Hopefully the late night roll tonight will solve all the issues!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I don't think that's going to do any good in this case  The problem, whatever is causing it, is clearly with something inside the house (I suspect the control panel script) rather than the house controller outside the house.   The house controllers are working as expected,  but they're nothing to do with the doors.

Good to know. Thank you for the information @Quartz Mole  Hoping that whatever the issue is with the control panels inside the house, is resolved soon. We still cannot get the interior house panel to work properly in our Williamsburg Trailer, either.

@Quartz Mole  The Williamsburg Trailer's interior control panel is now working.  :)

Edited by PrudenceAnton
update information
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

@Elora LunaseaIt's too late for me to do anything about this tonight, but this sounds very similar to a problem I resolved on Lostbell earlier today.      

The description of the issue was almost identical.   I couldn't get the scripts to respond at all (I should have been able to see debug messages) even though the viewer could tell the front door was touchable.    Rezzing a new house didn't cure anything, and neither setting all scripts in the house to running (they were already -- I'd checked) or even replacing the rezzer with one from our reference region, where we keep the latest copy of all the houses, houseboats and trailers. 

Long story short, I eventually restarted the region and that seemed to fix it.   Just before doing this, I checked the region stats and, while they weren't perfect, they shouldn't have caused this sort of problem, and several of them seemed to have more to do with my connection rather than the simulator.

I suspect it may be something to do with the issue described in the Grid Status Report https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/263n6z6w1sp0  (though I don't fully understand how) but if it's still a problem, please drop me a slurl or landmark in world and I will see what I can do.

Thanks Quartz

I had put in a ticket and overnight it was resolved 👍

Great info - and quick turn-around fix from LL. Much appreciated!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I keep seeing the name in this thread title as "Lostball Region".  

All I can say is that I really hope not to see a Lostball Mole any time soon.

And, is there actually a bell hidden around the region somewhere (I hope)?

/dying 🤣

I was walking the neighborhood, haven't seen any bells (nor balls)

I did, however, did see some kind of Iand/house tracking box in the middle of the road near the beach. Not sure if it was left behind by a mole or is supposed to be there?

• Like 1

• Moles
1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

/dying 🤣

I was walking the neighborhood, haven't seen any bells (nor balls)

I did, however, did see some kind of Iand/house tracking box in the middle of the road near the beach. Not sure if it was left behind by a mole or is supposed to be there?

Can you send me a slurl, please?  I will investigate as soon as I am able.

• Like 2

I think I have the same problem with my house at San Alejandro. I can´t open any doors (except the doors from building addon) nor getting into the control panel. I tried to re-rez it yesterday, but it made all worse. Now I have the house where the scripts seems stucked and the "new" house with working doors and controlpanel which takes the same place. I thought re-rezzing would delete the stucked house, but it didn´t worked. Well, I wrote a ticket about and hope it will be fixed soon.

• Moles
3 hours ago, Myraniella said:

I think I have the same problem with my house at San Alejandro. I can´t open any doors (except the doors from building addon) nor getting into the control panel. I tried to re-rez it yesterday, but it made all worse. Now I have the house where the scripts seems stucked and the "new" house with working doors and controlpanel which takes the same place. I thought re-rezzing would delete the stucked house, but it didn´t worked. Well, I wrote a ticket about and hope it will be fixed soon.

Please, drop me an offline IM in world with a slurl or landmark and I will take a look.

I can remove the non-functioning house for you easily enough, and it sounds as it the new house is working OK.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Please, drop me an offline IM in world with a slurl or landmark and I will take a look.

I can remove the non-functioning house for you easily enough, and it sounds as it the new house is working OK.

Thank you for your quick help, Quartz. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Although I have submitted a ticket which had to be escalated to the "land agents", I have been searching for the forum and believe that I am experiencing this issue with my traditional home but for only the Winchester style.   It will not allow me to open the doors or go inside (in fact, I can not even walk up close to either front door, side door or balcony door) Although a simple solution could be just to choose another style, of course the preferred style for me is the Winchester.  One thing that I notice it has to be either a controller issue or a script issue.  When rezzing the Winchester, this appears in the nearby:

[10:44] LH - Traditional - HouseController 5.97: You chose: Winchester
[10:44] LH - Traditional - Winchester  v2.4: Clearing previous access authorizations.
[10:44] LH - Traditional - Winchester  v2.4:
Access list updated.

This does not happen with the other styles.  Was hoping for a quick resolution or just some update on how long this will take to be resolved....was hoping to start decorating for the New Year

32 minutes ago, Infiniti Cummings said:

Although I have submitted a ticket which had to be escalated to the "land agents", I have been searching for the forum and believe that I am experiencing this issue with my traditional home but for only the Winchester style.   It will not allow me to open the doors or go inside (in fact, I can not even walk up close to either front door, side door or balcony door) Although a simple solution could be just to choose another style, of course the preferred style for me is the Winchester.  One thing that I notice it has to be either a controller issue or a script issue.  When rezzing the Winchester, this appears in the nearby:

[10:44] LH - Traditional - HouseController 5.97: You chose: Winchester
[10:44] LH - Traditional - Winchester  v2.4: Clearing previous access authorizations.
[10:44] LH - Traditional - Winchester  v2.4:
Access list updated.

This does not happen with the other styles.  Was hoping for a quick resolution or just some update on how long this will take to be resolved....was hoping to start decorating for the New Year

That is actually an issue that has happened to other people with various models of the different homes/campers/etc...  You can try a reset of the main house rezzer first -- click the mailbox and hold for 3 seconds.  Then rez a different model of house and wait a good 30-60 seconds after it looks like it is fully rezzed.  Then try rezzing the Winchester again.  If that doesn't resolve it, then try Live Chat or open a Support ticket. 

Start Live Chat: https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/
  Live Chat is available 6am to 3pm PST every day.

Create a Support Ticket:  
  https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

One other thing - even if you can't get in the doors right now, you can still get into the house. Cam into the house and rez a box, and then sit on the box, which will put you inside.  Then stand and create an LM from inside - or set home there.  That will give you an easy way to be inside even if you cannot currently go through the doors.  You can decorate and even if LL has to rerez multiple houses to get it fixed, all your stuff will still be right where you put it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is actually an issue that has happened to other people with various models of the different homes/campers/etc...  You can try a reset of the main house rezzer first -- click the mailbox and hold for 3 seconds.  Then rez a different model of house and wait a good 30-60 seconds after it looks like it is fully rezzed.  Then try rezzing the Winchester again.  If that doesn't resolve it, then try Live Chat or open a Support ticket. 

Start Live Chat: https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/
  Live Chat is available 6am to 3pm PST every day.

Create a Support Ticket:  
  https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Thanks for the response @LittleMe Jewell.  I've tried that and the chat support agents they did come out and attempted to resolve it.  It worked one time and reverted back for some unknown reason.  IT was escalated so I'm just patiently waiting to see how it's resolved but came across this thread and was thinking since this happened back in September perhaps there was a fix somewhere out there....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Infiniti Cummings said:

Thanks for the response @LittleMe Jewell.  I've tried that and the chat support agents they did come out and attempted to resolve it.  It worked one time and reverted back for some unknown reason.  IT was escalated so I'm just patiently waiting to see how it's resolved but came across this thread and was thinking since this happened back in September perhaps there was a fix somewhere out there....

Once in the house, you can also try resetting the access list. That seemed to help me at some point when other methods failed. Don't know why, but it did. Worth a shot

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.