Why I Think Facebook Horizon Won't Negatively Impact Second Life - Quick Analysis

lucagrabacr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So Facebook's Horizon just got announced yesterday and while it will exist in the same virtual 3D social space industry or market that Second Life is in, it's in a completely different niche and will totally be tailored for an almost completely different audience, here's my quick thought on it :)

• Like 1

I never heard of that, but, if FB were trying to create some virtual world social hub, SL would be prime target #1 form the to buy primarily for the user database.....

from an article i read on it "As Facebook starts to grow stale after 15 years on the market, users are looking for new ways to socialize. Many have already ditched the status updates and smarmy Life Events of Facebook for the pretty pictures of Instagram and silliness of Snapchat. Facebook risked being cast aside if it didn’t build its own VR successor.

a company the size of FB will buy up similar companies to gain scale on the new platform, the actually technology of SL is probably of no interest to them (though sansar certainly would be) but the data base of SL users is quite valuable to FB (remember what happened to MySpace?)

Edited by Jackson Redstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.