I couldn't see or enter my land again

flywyxwyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

flywyxwyx, as it has happened again I think the issue for you happens after the grid-wide regions rolling restart. You are not able to connect to the region

like the last time this happened to you, then do as Aethelwine says. File a support ticket and also attach a copy of your pic as above which shows the support team, the issue you have

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

flywyxwyx, as it has happened again I think the issue for you happens after the grid-wide regions rolling restart. You are not able to connect to the region

like the last time this happened to you, then do as Aethelwine says. File a support ticket and also attach a copy of your pic as above which shows the support team, the issue you have

Thanks.

I've reported it.

Waiting :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

SL usually goes through roughly weekly restarts of every sim. Helps clear out issues.

"Back in my day" before they did this you could sometimes bump into invisible walls from something not getting fully deleted by the server, or have 'scripts gone wild' messing things up in a place...

If a sim is offline, you can usually see it as 'red colored' on the map.

Hmm. I've experienced issues before with regions/sims that will not come up; I stand there and stare at empty water space and cannot enter. It has been almost always a corrupted region file (.slc). Often times it is caused by a blacklisted or problem object that is in the region/sim that won't load, OR oddly enough it can be an object that is in an adjoining sim that you can see and enter.  

When that Region/Sim issue happens to me, I log out, go to my cache folder, and manually delete the .slc files and that seems fix the region problem. I do this even if I set the viewer to clear the cache, since the cache doesn't clear until you load the viewer up again; It does not clear it after you exit the viewer. Many people make the (in my opinion) mistake of setting to clear their cache, exiting, and load and log in immediately. The cache is clearing itself at the login screen before you login. Let it wait there for 10-15 minutes to finish up the process and then you login. I let the viewer clear the files, then operating system delete the files, then I login.

Manually deleting the region files usually corrects the issue without having to clear the full cache, but if you do that and the problem comes back the same day or next day, you will have to clear the full cache because whatever object is corrupting the region file, it is sitting in your object cache. 

Dunno if this will work for you. It has for me, obvious;y. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.