SL Blogger Network

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

The simplest, easiest, most cost efficient way

is to change the rating of contiguous regions

whether under 18s should be on the grid or not is a whole other debate, which was debated in depth by lots of people back in 2010.  Linden chose to allow under 18s on the grid.  My view is that, as under 18s are allowed on the grid, then how might the grid be arranged to present a consistent view and expectation for each level

i am not adverse to a change in the rating system.  Has been previous discussion about the difference between Sex and Violence. Scylla has had a lot to say on this, as have others. Sex is not the same as Violence. After listening to the conversations about this then I get the distinction. So rather than A which lumps the two together then I would like a V rating added.  G M A V

i am not sure there should be a PG rating in SL.  Stuff is either ok for all (G) or its not. PG means Parental Guidance. I am not sure that parents of teenagers on SL should be confronted with this option. On SL. for their under 18  children, it's G or nothing 

• Like 1

Just now, Mollymews said:

is to change the rating of contiguous regions

whether under 18s should be on the grid or not is a whole other debate, which was debated in depth by lots of people back in 2010.  Linden chose to allow under 18s on the grid.  My view is that, as under 18s are allowed on the grid, then how might the grid be arranged to present a consistent view and expectation for each level

i am not adverse to a change in the rating system.  Has been previous discussion about the difference between Sex and Violence. Scylla has had a lot to say on this, as have others. Sex is not the same as Violence. After listening to the conversations about this then I get the distinction. So rather than A which lumps the two together then I would like a V rating added.  G M A V

i am not sure there should be a PG rating in SL.  Stuff is either ok for all (G) or its not. PG means Parental Guidance. I am not sure that parents of teenagers on SL should be confronted with this option. On SL. for their under 18  children, it's G or nothing 

I know what PG stands for.  I wasn't saying LL absolutely must use PG but something like it. 

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Apparently some premiums just aren't going to be happy until everything in SL is a premium perk and basics no longer exist. We can all say goodbye to SL at that point.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Okay, but why are we comparing an RP, to Real World Crimes? That is my big issues here. It's just like a movie, where people are acting a part. Yes some of it may be illegal, but they are acting a part and everyone person involved on set are consenting for this to happen. So let's look at RP as a movie, and realize that they are all actors in one big ass story line.

So you're good with people RPing pedophilia. Got it. 

It sucks to have your words twisted around and cherry-picked and used against you, doesn't it? 

Look, this is all stemming from me saying that I, personally, would like to see Gor banned. If I owned SL, or my own virtual world platform, I would ban it. I understand that others have different opinions. I will listen to them, have listened to them, and my opinion is unchanged. I'm not talking about changing the Constituent to forbid Gor. I'm talking about a privately owned company that is entitled to ban whatever it wants, as I would be if I were in charge. I'm not though, and Gor isn't going to be banned. Same with all the other opinions I listed. They are my own and I have my own reasons for every one of them. I'm happy to discuss or debate them. I love a good debate... until it becomes pointless, as it has here.

It's abundantly clear that I'm not going to change your mind, and you aren't going to change mine. As I said earlier, I hear your opinions, and I respect that you hold those opinions. I don't agree with them. I'm not trying to club you over the head and force you to change your way of thinking. I'm defending my opinions. I have shared my thoughts and clarified them when questioned. 

I'm not sure why you are so damned determined to take my opinions and stomp them into the ground just because you disagree with them in some strange attempt to get me to wave a white flag. 

I get it. You disagree. I understand. I hear you saying you disagree with me. I respect your right to disagree with me.  

If you want to keep beating me up, go ahead, but I'm checking out of this thread... again. I literally and figuratively have nothing else to say on this subject in this thread on this forum. 

Go ahead and have the last word. It's yours. 

Edited by Beth Macbain
Typo

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

So you're good with people RPing pedophilia. Got it. 

It sucks to have your words twisted around and cherry-picked and used against you, doesn't it? 

Never said that, and hell this whole time it's been one thing after the other. I am somehow okay with Lynchings and people reenacting World War 2 Nazis. Look being that I am a victim of molestation, twice. I find people who get into "*****" Which in fact is against TOS, disgusting. Why are both you and that other woman trying to make me out to be this immoral sod? Look as long as it follows TOS, and both parties are consenting than I am fine with this stuff happening. Let's leave it at that.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Look being that I am a victim of molestation, twice.

I am very sincerely sorry to hear it. You have my genuine sympathy; that's awful. It must take a great deal of courage to overcome that.

11 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I am somehow okay with Lynchings and people reenacting World War 2 Nazis.

This is not even close to what I, or Beth, said.

What I said is that the logic you used to justify Gor could also equally be used to justify racist RP. I was trying to help you understand that -- not suggesting that you do justify these things 

14 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Why are both you and that other woman trying to make me out to be this immoral sod?

No one, to my knowledge, has called you immoral. What I think you are is illogical.

Like Beth, I don't see much point in continuing this discussion; if you haven't grasped what I am clearly inadequately trying to explain by now, you probably aren't going to.

It is important to underline, though, that no one has been attacking you personally, or implying anything about your morals. What we have been criticizing is your argument.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Apparently some premiums just aren't going to be happy until everything in SL is a premium perk and basics no longer exist. We can all say goodbye to SL at that point.

our account payment type/method (premium, piu or npiof) has nothing to do with access maturity ratings. Nobody, including me, has advocated here that our account payment method be tied in this way

5 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

our account payment type/method (premium, piu or npiof) has nothing to do with access maturity ratings. Nobody, including me, has advocated here that our account payment method be tied in this way

I didn't say you or anyone here did.

But if LL keeps taking from basics and giving to premiums (like they have already done and tried to do recently) that will be one of the steps taken. One CEO already tried to completely do away with basics. There's good reasons why it didn't happen. A huge chunk of LL's income would disappear.

On 9/27/2019 at 5:26 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

And then I realized what this is about. It's not so much an open call for anyone to join the network and get more traffic. It's more about pre-selecting who already fits, and blessing it with the formality of "openness" in that "anyone can join". But...I don't think there will be a stampede.

While I do like your musings, I think you're falling short of Occam's Razor here. What is a summarized, official curated blog feed good for?

Investors!

SLBN is the CEO Summary blogger feed, something you can put in front of someone with money and say, "Look at what our players are doing in this game." It's curated, it's impressive, with plenty of links to click on and read through.  The more links you post, the less that investor will look up SL feeds elsewhere, and see content that doesn't match the game as well in LL's eyes.

Not saying I know what the company thinks, but that's the use I'd personally have with it. If it were just a feed for fun, they wouldn't be paying a staffer to curate it.

• Like 2

Anyways, let's get back to the topic. It has waivered pretty far. So when it comes to the criteria, I hope they are diverse in what they choose to curate. So instead of just showing off who can edit their photos really well. Which editing is not a bad thing. Please show off people who take raw photos in SL, so unedited and just using really good lighting and camera angles. I don't know, I just see a lot of people who edit their photos. To the point where the scene is literally green screened in, or they take multiple of the same shots at the same angle, so they can overlay it in photoshop or GImp, and a lot of people cheer them and give them the thumbs up. To the point, where it is kinda expected of us other bloggers to do the same. I know how to edit photos, and will on occasion to add effects or to cover up clipping. But to the degree that some will, I will not. So Please Linden Lab, also consider unedited photos as legitimate works as the edited ones.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Please, no.  There are adults in SL who wish to enjoy freedom of movement within the existing grid but know that we have General-rated areas where (at least in principle) we are not subject to sexual activity or images at all.  That wish does not make us pariahs, worthy only of shipping off somewhere out of grid, nor does it mean we are somehow less than fully adult.  Furthermore, I have no family interest to induce me to go to this proposed alternative grid.

Exactly, thank you. Most of the land I own is on General rated sims, and after 13 years of renting and owning mainland (and being a grown up that whole time), my preference is to live in General rated areas. I am not a family role-player. I just find, from long experience, that G rated sims offer me a better living experience. And yes, people will treat you like a pariah when you bring that up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow, a thread about Linden Lab reblogging others has turned into a debate about sex and the various styles and types of it.

I didn't bother reading the four pages of commentary since my last comment here, though I did scan it over. I will not debunk anyones perspective or view on any of it. My own comment is simply this and I'll try to be pithy.

If you want to ban Gor in SL then we also should ban all Master/Slave activities, too as that's all that role-play really is. It doesn't matter what it's called, whether a lifestyle, kink, deviant-twisted-bevahior. It is adults participating in adult activity that they want to partake in. The same with all the different kinds of adult activity that goes on. Bringing up the argument of allowing pedophilia as an argument to allowing Master/Slave activity is a cheap shot; pedophilia is not adult activity.

Then there have been mentions of "legal in TOS and not real life" - etc. The TOS serves to protect Linden Lab. An image of a man standing over a woman (or vice-versa) holding chain leading to a collar around the neck is not illegal in the U.S. An image - no matter how cartoonish, etc., of a perceived child in sexual activity or situation is outright illegal in the U.S and just possessing such an image can land you in prison.

I understand this derailment of the thread has percolated from the asking of whether the reblogging will include adult-related themes. Linden Lab has already stated that they are not highlighting blogs, they are highlighting specific individual posts.

Thus, I believe, this entire debate about what should or should not be banned, about whether LL should allow adult-activity-related reblogging and the rest is moot and people are appearing to be stressed over wasted position-angling. No one is going to change each others' minds about anything, so the debate goes on and on and on and no one is gaining any ground. Eventually it turns into slinging mud and when you sling mud you lose ground.

My personal philosophy in avoiding and quickly ending drama is to just let them have the last word and move along. It's not easy to do, but it's the stronger person who does it.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I am not a family role-player. I just find, from long experience, that G rated sims offer me a better living experience. And yes, people will treat you like a pariah when you bring that up.

How do they treat you like a pariah?   My experience with those into alternative sexual lifestyles has been very different -- usually they are respectful of those who differ from themselves.

13 hours ago, Aemeth Lysette said:

SLBN is the CEO Summary blogger feed, something you can put in front of someone with money and say, "Look at what our players are doing in this game." It's curated, it's impressive, with plenty of links to click on and read through.  The more links you post, the less that investor will look up SL feeds elsewhere, and see content that doesn't match the game as well in LL's eyes.

Smart investors will go out of their way to look for precisely the kind of information you say LL wants to hide from them. The more info LL posts, the more those investors will be looking for the fly in the swill. Hiding things from investors never turns out well.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 3

@Selene Gregoire I agree! If I were an investor, I'd go searching for all the nooks and crannies to have an informed decision. But some might not "have time" (ie, are lazy), and so looking at this blog feed will be faster and more convenient for them. Either way, the feed also represents the silver lining of the creative community, I guess. Again that's my guess as someone who's mentored startups and dealt with seed grant pitches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.