friscolives

Removing an owner from a group

I formed a group several years ago and my partner was made an owner. Now after a few years we are no longer together and I want to remove her as an owner

of the group, but not sure how to do that. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

You can't. A group owner can only remove themselves.

You could tho leave that group and create a new one, and invite others in there.

• Like 1

If YOU remain as an owner of group, or even have the rights..... Send a Group Announcement that group is closing due to inactive owner, give them guidance to join a New group that you had formed. Then Eject everyone except missing co-owner. 

Then finally you leave the defunked group, leaving ONLY that missing owner as the sole member. That defunked group will then evaporate after a week or so due to not having the minimum of two members.     😁

I guess, before you Eject all members in good standing. Send each one an Invite to your new group too.

PROTIP: Only ever invite an alt to your own group in the role of owner. Invite partners to Managers or Custom group that has same powers as owners (that doesn't allow them to promote themselves to an owner). This way you will never lose control of. group again.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5