Can sex HUDS function in general regions?

3a3b

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I have a house in a general region and do not have nor like sex beds and furniture.  Do not have any orb as the landlord does not allow it.

Recently I was informed that there exist in sl sex huds,  I'd like to know if a visitor can use a sex hud in my house -in my absence of course- although it is located in a general region.

It is not quite an abuse and griefing question but I'm threatened that this might happen and wish to know if it technically possible.

Thanks

7 answers to this question

the plain answer is yes.  A person can play an animation or gesture on themselves any time. HUD or no HUD.  A person can also animate another person with a HUD script should that person Accept the request

as you don't provide Adult/Mature devices on your General rated region then you are not liable for what animations/gestures your visitors play on themselves and/or how they behave. Your visitor is violating the ToS when they do this, not you

what you do is that when you are present and a visitor does this kinda stuff, then politely tell them to stop. If they don't or want to argue with you about it, then ban hammer them from your region, and don't engage further with them in IM. You can also Abuse Report them as well if the behaviour is egregious in your view

Edited by Mollymews
plain

It has probably already occurred to you, but just in case .... If you are not in world, it really doesn't matter what someone does in your home.  If you have the parcel set properly to prevent anyone else from rezzing objects or bringing them into the parcel, then they can't fill the home with trash.  They also can't move or take your stuff unless you have given them permission.  So, what goes on in your absence may be annoying, but you won't even know about it unless you go to all the trouble of installing a visitor counter of some kind.

Of course, if you are home when someone barges in, you always have the power to eject or ban them immediately.

So if a visitor can violate the ToS in my absence in my house with a sex animation or HUD without poseballs, my question is: is there any way to prevent this if I want to?

(Out of the question that I would be present when such things happening and I think that i>about land>objects>autoreturn other residents objects>1 may stop all visitors rezzing). 

the main problem with any kind of animation or object is that they can be named anything, so is no practical way to know what it is or does until it is rezzed or applied. And with an animation there is no practical way to know the difference between a sit on me animation owned by someone else and a sit on me and wiggle animation, until we see it on our screen

if this concerns you then the practical solution is to set your parcel to group only access (where the estate owner permits this) and set the group to invite only. This way you will be able to directly choose who can visit your parcel and who can't. Inviting only those people who you know aren't going to do stuff on your parcel that you don't want to happen

Molly is right, but it's a rather extreme solution to what (in my opinion) is a trivial problem.

You have several tools to control who can be on your land, and what they can do there.  The About Land window is where you make these choices.

Options Tab.  Here you can decree who can rez objects, whose objects can even enter the land from outside, whether people can fly, and whether scripts may run.  If these are disabled for visitors, then their HUDs cannot even operate, they can't rez poseballs or sex furniture anyway, and they can't even rez something outside your border and drag it in.

You can set any or all of these to "everyone", "group only", or owner only.  (Owner only will not be available if the land is group owned).

Objects Tab.  Here you can set Autoreturn.  If you leave it at 0, it is off.  Any other number will set the number of minutes before objects rezzed by anyone except the owner or "set" to the land group will be removed and returned to the object owner's Lost and Found folder.  Be very careful if you decide to turn this on.  If there are things on the land that don't belong to you or the land group, THEY WILL BE REMOVED.  Be darn sure that is what you want.

Access Tab.  Here you can do as Molly suggests, and limit access to only yourself, only a list of people you create, or only a particular group.  If you restrict access, be aware that this will create ugly ban lines visible to your neighbors, which may get them upset with you.  If you live on a private estate parcel, check your Covenant to see if this is even allowed.  If it's not, you may still have the option to use a security system.

But in any case, as I said, the whole situation is one that you can pretty much dismiss from your concern.  Even if someone comes on your G-rated land and has a drunken orgy, YOU will not get in trouble.  You probably won't even know it happened, unless you are, by chance, there at the time.  So why worry yourself?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

But in any case, as I said, the whole situation is one that you can pretty much dismiss from your concern.  Even if someone comes on your G-rated land and has a drunken orgy, YOU will not get in trouble.  You probably won't even know it happened, unless you are, by chance, there at the time.  So why worry yourself?

This ^^ 
Given all the things you can worry about in the world, this one is vanishingly trivial.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.