Profile Group Privacy Help

Raven Huntsman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, I've searched all over the place but can't find out how I go about hiding ALL of my groups, in one go.

I am aware that you can select a group and toggle whether it shows in your profile individually, but I don't want to do this for every group I have (I'm maxed out) and also for any new ones I might join in the future.

Is there some profile privacy option somewhere that allows me to just hide my groups in my profile? If so, how do i access it, I'm using the Firestorm viewer.

Thank you

On 9/24/2019 at 7:16 PM, darkevilhum said:

Hey guys, I've searched all over the place but can't find out how I go about hiding ALL of my groups, in one go.

I am aware that you can select a group and toggle whether it shows in your profile individually, but I don't want to do this for every group I have (I'm maxed out) and also for any new ones I might join in the future.

Is there some profile privacy option somewhere that allows me to just hide my groups in my profile? If so, how do i access it, I'm using the Firestorm viewer.

Thank you

No, you cannot. You have to open each group info and un-check the visibility of each one. You'll have to do this for every time you add a new group that you do not want displayed in your profile.

4 hours ago, Clarrellae said:

I do it from the website https://my.secondlife.com/

The privacy tab allows only friends or only private etc. with one click.

Just curious, have you tested that to see whether it affects what can be seen on your profile in world (i.e., the legacy profiles you can see with Firestorm)?

I have always been under the impression that the privacy settings on my.secondlife.com pertain only to the web profile, not the legacy one, but I admit I've never bothered to verify one way or the other.

5 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Just curious, have you tested that to see whether it affects what can be seen on your profile in world (i.e., the legacy profiles you can see with Firestorm)?

I have always been under the impression that the privacy settings on my.secondlife.com pertain only to the web profile, not the legacy one, but I admit I've never bothered to verify one way or the other.

I have tested it.

also to the OP there is this knowledge base article on the matter:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Cool, good to know! I usually only hide a few store names because I think reading a long list of stores is boring, but it's nice to know what options are out there. 

Golly, don't hide your store groups!  How else will I know where to shop?

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.