Items you like for your Traditional/Boat houses

SigmaBlues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently was able to get myself a Traditional house. I am loving the Winchester version. I have decorated mine with all sorts of neat things. Recently, someone told me that there are creators out there who make add ons for both the Boat and Traditional houses. I bought the one that splits the upstairs so it has a bedroom, closet and bathroom.

What I was wanting to know is which ones you all have gotten for your homes. :) I am always curious and love seeing what others come up with ❤️ 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SigmaBlues said:

I recently was able to get myself a Traditional house. I am loving the Winchester version. I have decorated mine with all sorts of neat things. Recently, someone told me that there are creators out there who make add ons for both the Boat and Traditional houses. I bought the one that splits the upstairs so it has a bedroom, closet and bathroom.

What I was wanting to know is which ones you all have gotten for your homes. :) I am always curious and love seeing what others come up with ❤️ 

I have "moved" several times since April, always to a Winchester, and have happily used the same upstairs split bedroom add on, plus have used the LH Great Room Wrap Around (which was very nice, but I did not have the prims to fill it with furniture), an Addon Winchester Sunroom (11 or 12 LI) which I decorated like an outdoor space with deck furniture and a reflecting pool, the wood Winchester Rear Deck with the white railing, the Bellisseria Winchester Front Porch (with fence and no fence options), and now currently the Linden Home Add-On Winchester Porch which is like a Widow's Walk for the front, I use it as a front upper deck for the second story to take advantage of the view.  Currently using the Open Porch-Carport with windows (12 LI) as a sheltered outdoor patio with a pizza oven.   Also have used the Pergola for Linden Home Balcony - Traditional and the Winchester Pergola Patio.  These are all nicely built in my opinion.  

If you want to come see any or all of these rezzed out with a Winchester, IM me here or in SL and I would be happy to show you  :)  

• Like 4

I have many of the add-ons but right now I'll concentrate on my houseboat.

I have the Windlass - have been using it since when I got the boat. I've changed add-ons a couple of times but currently have the pixelWISE_Windlass Room & Multi story Rooftop add-on which creates a nice upper level bedroom area along with a staircase to 2nd level upper deck and an arbor over the 1st deck.  Although somewhat primmy - I've been very good about finding low prim really lovely pieces for the rest of the home and so have been able to furnish it quite well and even fit in a sail boat and swimming pool.  The pool is from What Next  called the Seaclose and is considered an add-on also.

windlass_002

Windlass Houseboat

• Like 8

For my houseboat, which is currently the Barnacle version, I've got the Blushed Party Boat add-on, though I'm only using part of it.   I created my own room divider for the upstairs to give me a bathroom and closet - still working on prettying that up a bit.

For my Winchester house, I have the Blushed Bedroom Suite (to get the closet and bath).  I've put up the '.:meshed:.Winchester LH Pro Wall Paint Kit" for coloring the inside walls, but I'm thinking of creating my own or trying another set that is modifiable.  Those are great, but even though you can specify any color RGB, you are limited to solid colors or one of the supplied 9 patterns (with or without materials).  I've also nabbed a few other add-ons that I've ripped apart to use pieces of, as well as the below two for the house.

The ChiC Buildings Add-on Winchester Porch - probably one of the best constructed items I've added to the house:

image.thumb.png.de653bb6cecf9f68a8311b242b49c3ea.png

And this MB LH - Traditional Winchester Veranda (which I modified to have the door on the short end instead of the long side).  I like this one because it feels like an actual patio enclosure rather than a room add-on, which is what I wanted.

image.thumb.png.843d2a84c28fb29f71b8a2d8944ea3f6.png

I also picked up the Blushed Windlass add-on and a few other misc ones that I've ripped apart to use pieces of.  I've considered a few other add-ons also, but mostly for the ability to rip them apart and use pieces of them.  While some of the large room add-ons are really nice looking, I don't want to have to furnish that much house.  Though I do love Chic's idea of designating her large add-on as a dance studio because it then requires very little furnishings in it.

• Like 5

I love the Adams house but also wanted a balcony so I got a little porch add on from MP and put a platform on top and added steps. Not the most aesthetically pleasing but I got my balcony :) I also have the 'Blushed Living' (I think its called) room divider thing cos I wanted a bathroom. 

Snapshot_009.thumb.png.e3c0c73e689e645ef64150d579035075.png2026707133_BadgerBeach2.thumb.png.4220ce6d672964d45256ae67fcc1d4e6.png

Edited by Elyeah
  • Like 7

porch.thumb.png.c8e1e084709a8b6dc4a43300e88aafb4.png

wall2.thumb.png.059e46f62ad38ff067f6beae7ab6e8f6.png

Right now I've made my own, but before that in my previous house I had add ons by other creators including Blush Living (+) and Teegle. I really loved the porch wrap-around from both which was a good balance between low land impact and good detail and they inspired me to start building. At present I don't sell any of the add-ons I use as they still have flaws and aren't scripted or anything.

Currently I have the Winchester style house and since I couldn't find any porches that completely (or almost) wrapped around that style I made one. It helped fill up some space in the yard so I didn't need to use up extra LI for flowers etc. Inside I really struggled with the upstairs space. I wanted a bathroom but the open layout made orientation difficult in that the bed  could really only face one of two ways. I did buy Blush's add-on for upstairs there but couldn't make use of the walk in closet so again I made my own without the closet; just a really basic structure with built-in shower recess. Then I needed to do something about the bedroom "door" (or lack thereof), so I made that too! I've also added little things; an entertainment area off the porch, a sandpit, a little sheltered half-roof for the top deck off the bedroom and all of this was just born out of necessity; I couldn't find what I wanted so I made it. I'm always tweaking things but for now I'm happy enough with what I have and the LI and LOD is reasonable.

And I'm not saying any of this to boast or advertise since I don't sell any of it and there are far more talented builders out there than me, many of whom frequent this forum. ;)  Bellisseria helped re-inspire me to build again and that only happened because of the amazing work I saw others doing, both Residents and the LDPW alike.

Edited by RaeLeeH
Forgot to remove the bad word on the pillow! 0.0
  • Like 10

I'm no builder either but I did tackle an add on for the Continental - very unprofessionally but it worked out well. I loved that home model for it's Victorian inspired appearance but it was way too small for my needs. I wanted a much larger kitchen so I stole the idea from someone else, I was wandering around one of the neighborhoods and saw it and figured I'd attempt to do the same. I used Blush Bravin's wrap around porch as a base. Since I'm not an expert and didn't know how to completely rip apart a mesh build, I built my walls around the porch railing which worked out fine (Blush has offered to come by and help me if I decide to attempt building it better); and purchased full perm French doors, sliding doors and windows (it went through a couple of versions before I finally settled on the final one that's up now). 

Overall I think it turned out well and it really made a big difference for the interior space. I'd love some creator do build this for real (Blush? :)) because I don't have the wherewithall to ever do it lol. 

Linden Continental House in Edgar, BellisseriaLinden Continental House in Edgar, BellisseriaLinden Continental House in Edgar, Bellisseria.

• Like 10

17 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I'd love some creator do build this for real (Blush? :)) because I don't have the wherewithall to ever do it lol. 

I love what you did and if I had the time to do one I would, but with my new RL job I just don't have the time. Perhaps another creator will run with your idea. It's a good one!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I love what you did and if I had the time to do one I would, but with my new RL job I just don't have the time. Perhaps another creator will run with your idea. It's a good one!

If I had the time perhaps I'd learn but I don't either 🙄. I'm out the door at 6:30 am and don't get home until nearly 12 hours later, I commute into NYC for my job. Nights  and weekendsI catch up with loved ones, home stuff and some SL fun time. Last thing I want to do is devote hours to building. I'd rather play with our new kitten ♥️

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.