Flickr

usedcars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, StrykerHawk said:

What you are saying is i take pics on a public beach  and angle camera so it cuts her head off and i can post in my feed because she is un recognizable

What I think that Beth, Skell, and I are all saying is that someone who is a reasonably decent and considerate human being doesn't busy themselves trying to find workarounds in order to get away with violating someone else's right to privacy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you posted something "defamatory" on your SL profile I would think that could be construed as HARASSMENT which WOULD BE against the terms of service -- this if the person was recognizable.  

Basically we are all telling you NOT TO, but as Skell says likely you don't really care at all :D.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StrykerHawk said:

After reading all the posts what does the rules say??  Not a moral debate

If you want to know the rules for any particular website or platform, read them yourself. 

If you want to know the rules for being a decent human being, don't post anyone else's photo anywhere ever without their permission. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StrykerHawk said:

I don't think that any of us particularly wants to enable someone capable of thinking that this isn't a moral issue.

Look 'em up yourself.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StrykerHawk said:

OK, here's my take on this.

• The rules are right there in plain sight.  Read them to see what they say
  • If you want to be a barracks lawyer and push it, go ahead.  Linden Lab is the final authority, and they'll let you know if you've gone too far.  (Of course, you may not be able to recover).
  • If you want to stir up controversy by splitting hairs here in the Forums...I call Troll.
  • Regardless of the letter of the law, posting pictures of anyone anywhere in a way that demeans, insults, annoys, frightens, or upsets them is wrong.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

And if they don't know that (generic) you are quietly snapping away and a few days later they decide to look at your Flickr feed and see themselves there, in flagrante? It doesn't matter if you know them or not. Ask.

If I know them then I am just cooking up drama. If I do not know them then my answer will be "Prove that it's you" - and I will provide my criteria that signifies proof. I usually incognito other people in my images, not because I care whatsoever about how they'd feel about it, but rather because I don't want their faces in my picture (I often just remove them entirely, either while snapshotting or in post).

Though generally speaking: I do not ask permission from anyone that appears in any SL snapshot I create. And if we want to go all ethical about the subject then always remember this: "Permission" is a Photo Release form *in writing*. Anything other than that could get you into legal hot water - as if any screenshot image you create in SL could possibly be illegal with regard to what appears inside it.

And for those who like to espouse "LAWSZZZ!!!" Only U.S. laws applies to this sort of thing because Linden Lab and it's parent company is.a United States company, so many of those... I'll call it logically-questionable laws coming out of the EU? I'd love to see how they play out within this specific subject matter.

@Scylla Rhiadrasaid: What I think that Beth, Skell, and I are all saying is that someone who is a reasonably decent and considerate human being doesn't busy themselves trying to find workarounds in order to get away with violating someone else's right to privacy.

I absolutely concur with this. My point is: you CAN do it legally any way you want (as it applies to this specific subject: SL Imagery) but that doesn't mean you ought to.

Edited by Alyona Su

5 hours ago, usedcars said:

Can i post pics in Flickr of my avatar and another without permission?  

Read carefully the Flickr Community Guidelines and Flickr Terms & Conditions of Use and Flickr Privacy Policy, its all covered there. 

Also something to note: 'When you upload content to Flickr, you need to choose where it "fits" in the categories. For example, if you want to upload a screenshot of an online game (e.g. Second Life), you can, but you need to flag it as a screenshot.' 

Don't upload content that is illegal or prohibited. If Flickr find you doing it, your account will be deleted and they may report you to law enforcement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.