I have an object (empty box) that will not delete, return or take. How can I get rid of it?

Jasper38 Haystack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

Do you own it?

Do you own the land that it is on?

Your question has no text. If you are using IE9 you need to change the compatibility mode (by clicking the torn page icon to the right of the address bar) so that it works with these forums.

You can then use Options > Edit to add text to your question.

Wait it out.  That happens sometimes.  I was having a heck of a time last night getting rid of prims.  Sometimes you can force a dead prim to disappear by walking into it or trying to edit it, but sometimes you simply have to wait until the server is ready to recognize that it doesn't exist any more.

BTW, it's tempting to just derender the prim, but I'd recommend against doing that.  Derendering will make it disappear on your own viewer, but nobody else's.  Once you can't see it any more, there's no way for you to tell whether it ever really did vanish too.

Thanks PeeWee - I wore it and then detached - that at least got it off the floor. It is now in a primary (no arrow, no folder) position in the "library" inventory; delete is greyed out. Tried to move it to a new folder; tried to move it to "trash" - none of those worked. The only options are "properties", "copy", "wear", "attach to", "attach to HUD" and "add". I can live with it there, but would like to get rid of it. I really do appreciate your help.

I had previously tried "Take", "Return" and "Delete" without effect.  That apparently got lost in my need adjust the compatibility mode _ thanks for that pointer.

It went to your Library?...Wow that is a weird prim. Yeah you can`t delete Library stuff but I have never mangaged to add anything to mine either lol

It might disappear on its own at some point or when you next clear your cache. Sorry it ended up there, thats not supposed to happen.

is it possible to wear it from where it is in your inventory now? or is that option also greyed out, like the delete option is? if it's possible to wear it, try wearing it and then, don't detach it, but drop it on the ground and see if it's possible to delete it then.

I was going to ask what perms it has. If it is no copy, can you rezz it again at a sandbox and then leave it there until the sandbox clears and it should go back to your lost and found.

Just saw the list of options you have & it is copiable so rezzing won`t help, but "wear" is there so Bee could be onto something :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.