Do you use WASD controls?

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

When I drive my Jeep in the real world,my right hand is on the wheel and my left hand pushes any buttons needing to be pushed..

When using my phone,it's always in my right hand and my left usually pushes all the buttons..

When riding my horses the reins are always in the right hand,the left handles anything else that needs handling..

The reason I use WASD probably stems more from it being a pattern in my life since way before I ever got on a computer,than anything else.

hehehehe

I thought you lived in the US, not the UK. :P

Just now, Gadget Portal said:

With the mouse. A and D are purely for strafing. 

Ok, I know I should know the answer to this after all of these years, but how does one turn with a mouse? I found this on the Firestorm wiki:

"However, you can also walk using only the mouse: left click your mouse button on your avatar or name tag. Keep the left mouse button pressed down, and then also click the right mouse button. Your avatar will start walking forward. Move your mouse to “pilot” your avatar.

Releasing either mouse button will stop walking."

Or do you mean using the tiny movement control panel?

4 minutes ago, Gadget Portal said:

With the mouse. A and D are purely for strafing. 

Unless it's changed, gamers usually call that swiping. Because when you move the mouse to turn you have to do it in a swiping motion by picking the mouse up and setting it back down as quickly as possible.

Takes way more effort than just hitting one key.

No, I'm not a lazy game player (I am not a gamer), I just use what is quickest and easiest for me being left handed and all. ^_^

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, I know I should know the answer to this after all of these years, but how does one turn with a mouse? I found this on the Firestorm wiki:

Or do you mean using the tiny movement control panel?

Aim with the mouse, yeah. Keeps the keyboard free for keybinds. Since SL has none, I wind up using W to move and keyboard macros for other stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Unless it's changed, gamers usually call that swiping. Because when you move the mouse to turn you have to do it in a swiping motion by picking the mouse up and setting it back down as quickly as possible.

Takes way more effort than just hitting one key.

No, I'm not a lazy game player (I am not a gamer), I just use what is quickest and easiest for me being left handed and all. ^_^

If you're picking it up like that, your DPI is way too low. 

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

My A and D are for turning..I use my mouse for caming and quick ports..

I could never turn with the keys. Too slow. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

and btw... We have a 1990 Jeep Laredo now. Looks like it's been rode hard and put up wet but it's mechanically sound. But I still want my Soul back. :(

This is the most truest jeep commercial ever..

On the rough dirt roads I could have a cup of tea without a lid on it and not spill a drop doing 20 miles an hour and beat the ford  chevy and dodge 4x4's back to the house for lunch coming off the mountain..

They were so big they couldn't go fast like me..hehehe

and it rides smoother off road than it does on the pavement.. I just feel every bump in the road on pavement..

ETA: Forgot to say which one that was..That was with my 98 limited edition Grand Cherokee..We have a few jeeps,because I'm a jeep lover,but my husband is a Chevy man..

I always win..hehehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

This is the most truest jeep commercial ever..

On the rough dirt roads I could have a cup of tea without a lid on it and not spill a drop doing 20 miles an hour and beat the ford  chevy and dodge 4x4's back to the house for lunch coming off the mountain..

They were so big they couldn't go fast like me..hehehe

and it rides smoother off road than it does on the pavement.. I just feel every bump in the road on pavement..

ETA: Forgot to say which one that was..That was with my 98 limited edition Grand Cherokee..We have a few jeeps,because I'm a jeep lover,but my husband is a Chevy man..

I always win..hehehehehe

That one always cracks me up. xD

WASD, always. Can't remember when was the last time I did use the arrow keys anywhere. Keybinds, macros and movement is all under the left hand that way, so I can have it rest on keyboard as I always do. And being right handed I find it easier to move my right hand between mouse and keyboard for chat (when needed), than to move my left hand around keyboard too much. And yes (for statistics), I'm also a gamer and has been playing games for decades.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.