Did I Block Myself from My Land?

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I rented a plot of land up in the sky and was working the ACCESS.   I unchecked the group I rented the land from.  Okay, I am a newbie at this.  But, I wasn't sure if it would block me because I am the land tenant now BUT I think it did block me, the owner of the land.

Now, what do I do?  I put a call into the group but have no answer yet.

I just got to thinking, why WOULD everyone in the group I rented the land from have access to my plot of land.  So, I unchecked it.  

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

One small point, if you’re a renter, you’re not an owner. Unchecking that may have been your problem.

Yeah, I'm figuring that out now Love Zhaoying.  I found who to contact...I'm just waiting for a reply.  What I have is a kind of ownership in that I can control the land but I am not the owner of it.  I'm renting it but have land CONTROL.  Okay, I did a very stupid thing!  Can it be fixed?  

@Sylvia Tamalyn, no, it's up in the sky...I don't know where it is.........?

24 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Yeah, I'm figuring that out now Love Zhaoying.  I found who to contact...I'm just waiting for a reply.  What I have is a kind of ownership in that I can control the land but I am not the owner of it.  I'm renting it but have land CONTROL.  Okay, I did a very stupid thing!  Can it be fixed?  

@Sylvia Tamalyn, no, it's up in the sky...I don't know where it is.........?

Yes, and I think you can fix it yourself.

First, find the location.  You have a landmark for the place, right?*  Right click the landmark in your inventory, select properties.  It should show the coordinates, three numbers like 25, 158, 2007.  Those are the X, Y, and Z (altitude) coordinates of your skybox home.

Open the world Map, CTRL+M.  Type in the name of your region (if you don't know it, that's in the landmark properties, too).  Type in some coordinates that are near, but not on, your parcel.  The third, Z coordinate should be a small value, to put you near the ground.  Say, 30.  Click the teleport button.

Once you are on your home region, but not on your land, fly about, keeping an eye on the X and Y coordinates shown in your top menu bar.  When you reach your home parcel, you will run into what appears to be an invisible wall.  (or maybe not invisible...you may see ban lines!) You can't get in!

But now...right click the ground on the other side of that invisible wall.  Choose About Land from the context menu.  Click the Access tab and change the setting to allow group access.

*Even if you don't have a landmark, you can get there.  Open the map, type in your region name.  You should see a little Home symbol for where your home is.  Double click the map on a spot that is near, but not too near, that Home symbol.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yes, and I think you can fix it yourself.

First, find the location.  You have a landmark for the place, right?*  Right click the landmark in your inventory, select properties.  It should show the coordinates, three numbers like 25, 158, 2007.  Those are the X, Y, and Z (altitude) coordinates of your skybox home.

Open the world Map, CTRL+M.  Type in the name of your region (if you don't know it, that's in the landmark properties, too).  Type in some coordinates that are near, but not on, your parcel.  The third, Z coordinate should be a small value, to put you near the ground.  Say, 30.  Click the teleport button.

Once you are on your home region, but not on your land, fly about, keeping an eye on the X and Y coordinates shown in your top menu bar.  When you reach your home parcel, you will run into what appears to be an invisible wall.  (or maybe not invisible...you may see ban lines!) You can't get in!

But now...right click the ground on the other side of that invisible wall.  Choose About Land from the context menu.  Click the Access tab and change the setting to allow group access.

*Even if you don't have a landmark, you can get there.  Open the map, type in your region name.  You should see a little Home symbol for where your home is.  Double click the map on a spot that is near, but not too near, that Home symbol.

Fabulous Lindal!  I made it home safe and sound!  

Feels real stupid though!  I can't believe I did that!  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Experience is what we get when we didn't get what we wanted. Congratulations, @FairreLilette: You have been edified. :D

Yay!  lol  Often, it's those mistakes that force us to learn and gain experience.

So glad to be home...it's not easy finding your home up there...it took about an hour...I was clicking on land for (about land) all over the place, then finally one lit up and it was such a relief...then I checked the group and unbanned myself.  I was kinda of thinking it would magically recognize me when my title changed to land tenant and then I would make a new group.   But no, that is not the way it works.  I think I was just over-excited at finding this at a price I could afford and I can run the controls.  I've never done that before.  

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, FairreLilette said:

I unchecked the group I rented the land from

Ast.png

Ok, jokes aside... :)
I didnt get the reason why it happened. If Fairre rents the parcel, her name will be in the parcel details. Why was she kicked out by removing the group?

Edited by Resi Pfeffer

Hey, Resi!

I was about to give an off the cuff answer, and then thought I had better check first.

If, in the General tab, the parcel is listed as Group Owned, AND you then uncheck both Public Access and Group Access boxes in the Access tab, then the only person who can go on the land is the owner...in this case, the landlord.

15 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Hey, Resi!

I was about to give an off the cuff answer, and then thought I had better check first.

If, in the General tab, the parcel is listed as Group Owned, AND you then uncheck both Public Access and Group Access boxes in the Access tab, then the only person who can go on the land is the owner...in this case, the landlord.

Does this imply their original assumption is correct, that anyone in the landlord’s rental group can enter the parcel? Not the best arrangement.

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Does this imply their original assumption is correct, that anyone in the landlord’s rental group can enter the parcel? Not the best arrangement.

Anyone can enter anyone's parcel in Bellisseria LL homes, too. 'Tis why they offer a security system. :D What I'm saying is that this scenario (any one in the group...) is the norm and not the exception.

Edited by Alyona Su

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

Yay!  lol  Often, it's those mistakes that force us to learn and gain experience.

So glad to be home...it's not easy finding your home up there...it took about an hour...I was clicking on land for (about land) all over the place, then finally one lit up and it was such a relief...then I checked the group and unbanned myself.  I was kinda of thinking it would magically recognize me when my title changed to land tenant and then I would make a new group.   But no, that is not the way it works.  I think I was just over-excited at finding this at a price I could afford and I can run the controls.  I've never done that before.  

Well, some woman, a long, long time ago, was stripping the bark off a stick with another stick (we know it was a woman because that is a chore beneath men) and when she pressed too hard on them and rubbed it too fast an odd reaction happened. And now we have fire.

But all she wanted to do was to clean the bark of a stick, so EPIC FAIL! Hence: live and learn. :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.