And it's starting again and again and angain...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes it is... Sim crossing are AGAIN a damn pain recently, TPs log us out AGAIN and now on top of the rest, the lag has TREMENDOUSLY INCREASED. I wonder what will be the excuse this time... EPP or EEP again ? And oh, for the lag , please don't be stupid, I KNOW this time it's not coming from my connection or whatever usual excuse i'm given for that, as I've previously asked many persons from different contries around the world and about at the same date, we ALL noticed the lag became inferno. Lots even told me about the same thing without me talking about it first. So... My question to LL is : "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AGAIN ???"

11 minutes ago, MALIFAX said:

I've previously asked many persons from different contries around the world and about at the same date, we ALL noticed the lag became inferno

not worse than usual here ..so NOT we ALL

show your connection details if you claim this kind of things might support your post.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

You think that's weird ? Two nights ago my boat control reversed itself ! I use WASD and the W key took the boat backward and the D key forward now that was weird. The next night it worked as normal again ! 

My boat is even more weird. When i press the W button, it doesnt move at all. I even can press and hold the button - no movement, just the local chat fills with W letters. Its a bug? ^^

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The biggest bug ever since I've been in SL and STILL NOT FIXED is when I want to restart my viewer, it keeps logging me out. 😕

The real issue is actually something worse else. There is no way to log out without closing the program completely.

It might not be a problem on Malifax's end.  I have not experienced increased lag, exactly, at least not a drop in fps.  In fact, if anything, fps is up.  But I've noticed that my teleports are failing more often, or partially failing (something I'm wearing didn't make the trip...but will show up again on my avatar if I teleport back to where I lost it.)  Also, when I teleport in to a familiar place, a lot of things are missing and have to be coaxed into view by toggling CTRL+SHIFT+R (wireframe mode) to redraw the scene.

I have also seen an increase these past few days in the above: slow texture loads, three crash-outs on TP attempts, intermittent loss of communication with Huds or dialog boxes (seems to be touches not registering), but none of it has been repeatable enough to put together a scenario to reproduce it or even investigate it. So the OP does have a case, though I'm not sure it warrants allCaps (Yet).

• Like 1

I'm not getting any of this. However, I also am on the U.S. West Coast (a couple States north of where Linden Lab is, so I'm pretty close) - perhaps part of the question may be: Where are you in the world? As that may have something to do with it, not necessarily at your end, it could be at the  LL end, but through one of their more remote access points? Just tossing ideas out there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

as I've previously asked many persons from different contries around the world and about at the same date, we ALL noticed the lag became inferno. Lots even told me about the same thing without me talking about it first

That must really suck for you.  However, my friends and I do not experience this problem in our countries; so, it's not everybody, by far.  A support ticket to address your specific concerns might help you better. 

8 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

Yes it is... Sim crossing are AGAIN a damn pain recently, TPs log us out AGAIN and now on top of the rest, the lag has TREMENDOUSLY INCREASED. I wonder what will be the excuse this time... EPP or EEP again ? And oh, for the lag , please don't be stupid, I KNOW this time it's not coming from my connection or whatever usual excuse i'm given for that, as I've previously asked many persons from different contries around the world and about at the same date, we ALL noticed the lag became inferno. Lots even told me about the same thing without me talking about it first. So... My question to LL is : "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AGAIN ???"

I haven't experienced any of those things. Not since the last time TPs were borked so badly. In the months since then I've gotten logged out twice. The last time was about 3 days ago when something went wrong with the region I was on and it kicked me out and forced me to relog into one of those damn hubs that are always over crowded. I was able to TP to my home sim without any problems after that. 

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/lag

https://gwynethllewelyn.net/2008/02/16/lag-myths-dispelled/

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Help:Lag

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewerhelp:Statistics

As for sim crossings... slow down before you cross and it goes smoother. Doesn't matter if you are driving, flying or riding. Trying to cross a sim line at high speed is going to have problems.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It might not be a problem on Malifax's end.  I have not experienced increased lag, exactly, at least not a drop in fps.  In fact, if anything, fps is up.  But I've noticed that my teleports are failing more often, or partially failing (something I'm wearing didn't make the trip...but will show up again on my avatar if I teleport back to where I lost it.)  Also, when I teleport in to a familiar place, a lot of things are missing and have to be coaxed into view by toggling CTRL+SHIFT+R (wireframe mode) to redraw the scene.

None of my TPs have failed since they fixed things the last time and I've never had to turn wireframe on to get things to load. Not in 15 years. I do have my caches maxed so that may be the difference.

These are always fun to watch when I'm bored.

https://threatmap.fortiguard.com/

https://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=ALL&list=0&time=17834&view=map

https://threatmap.bitdefender.com/

Note that San Francisco, where LL is located, is under constant attack. So... there you go. LL's servers are almost constantly under DDoS attack by LL's own admission.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I noticed a number of similar issues last night.  Attachments detaching themselves on teleport, and being unable to attach them again. Also animations failing to display (specifically dances in an Intan).

Thanks for the wireframe tip though, I didn't know that.

3 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

LL's servers are almost constantly under DDoS attack by LL's own admission.

That's been true for a long time. The tech companies there and to the south seem to attract DDoS idiots.  They can mess up SL unexpectedly several times a month.

FWIW, I haven't seen any change in my own FPS or any increase in the number of difficult TPs recently.  It sounds like random bits of bad luck are being scattered among SL residents.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's been true for a long time. The tech companies there and to the south seem to attract DDoS idiots.  They can mess up SL unexpectedly several times a month.

FWIW, I haven't seen any change in my own FPS or any increase in the number of difficult TPs recently.  It sounds like random bits of bad luck are being scattered among SL residents.

That's usually the case. We just sometimes get caught in the crossfire. So to speak.

• Like 1

Tonight a brand new issue after one of the numerous crashes : I've simply lost my body, but not only from the view, as usual but from my recorded outfits and also from my inventory, my body and the 7 copies I made of it. I relogged and cleared caches but nothing...

But of course, according to some "everyting is always OK on SL"

Edited by MALIFAX

16 minutes ago, MALIFAX said:

Tonight a brand new issue after one of the numerous crashes : I've simply lost my body, but not only fro mthe [sic] view, a usual but from my recorded outfits and also from my inventory, my body and the 7 copies I made of it.

But of course, according to some "everyting [sic] is always OK on SL"

I've relooked through the thread to make sure, but the one question that hasn't been asked or answered yet: Have you tried another viewer?

You don't need to answer that, just tossing that out there as what should be, in my mind, the very first of all trouble-shooting steps. As to all the issues described in this entire thread, I've not experienced any of them in Catznip Viewer, official Second Life Viewer, and Firestorm Viewer, and all FS and LL versions on Mac also. Though I haven't tried Kokua as of yet. I'm thinking whatever is being experienced must be geographically centered.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.