Physics issue with mesh house need help!!!

insilvermoonlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I purchased a mesh house template and it appears to have several issues. First and most major, there is a separate mesh entry way/front porch which has one of those invisible bumps that causes you to walk up and out through the wall/ceiling. When I unlink it from the rest of the house and turn it phantom the issue goes away. Second the floor of the house has several holes in it that cause you to sink in. That is easy enough to cover with an invisible prim, but the front porch issue is pretty major. I've sent multiple notecards and IM's to both the store owners with no response and this project is due by the 1st. Can someone please help me??!! Thank you! 

Edited by insilvermoonlight
spelling mistake

3 minutes ago, insilvermoonlight said:

I purchased a mesh house template and it appears to have several issues. First and most major, there is a separate mesh entry way/front porch which has one of those invisible bumps that causes you to walk up and out through the wall/ceiling. When I unlink it form the rest of the house and turn it phantom the issue goes away. Second the floor of the house has several holes in it that cause you to sink in. That is easy enough to cover with an invisible prim, but the front porch issue is pretty major. I've sent multiple notecards and IM's to both the store owners with no response and this project is due by the 1st. Can someone please help me??!! Thank you! 

Nothing that you can do really if the physics is wrong on the house.  Sounds like the creators don't know how to do house physics. If you purchased this on the Marketplace it would be good to warn others with a review.  I take it that there was NO DEMO to look at?   The mantra of the forums is "no demo - no purchase". This is pretty much why.   Sorry.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

That's what I was afraid of. I did not purchase it on the MP and the demo at the store did had the door linked so I could not walk inside of it :( What's the ick factor of leaving the porch unlinked and phantom? I really don't have any other choices at this point I've put in a ton of work and it's the center piece of my set. 

47 minutes ago, insilvermoonlight said:

That's what I was afraid of. I did not purchase it on the MP and the demo at the store did had the door linked so I could not walk inside of it :( What's the ick factor of leaving the porch unlinked and phantom? I really don't have any other choices at this point I've put in a ton of work and it's the center piece of my set. 

Leave it unlinked and phantom and use transparent prims to replace the physics you need (a ramp if there are stairs involved). That really is the easiest and best solution at this point.

So sorry you got burnt by a poor creator. Good luck with your project.

22 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Leave it unlinked and phantom and use transparent prims to replace the physics you need (a ramp if there are stairs involved). That really is the easiest and best solution at this point.

So sorry you got burnt by a poor creator. Good luck with your project.

Thank you, Bitsy :) So would you or others know or recommend to use a temp rezzer or ?? since the customer will be dealing with a house that has multiple parts unlinked?

Since it's a separate mesh as part of a linkset, you can keep it linked. Select it in "Edit linked" mode and set its physics to "none" - that's "phantom squared", makes the physics engine ignore it. Just make sure it's not the root because the root can't be set physics:none - then you can link the transparent prims to provide minimal physics.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Since it's a separate mesh as part of a linkset, you can keep it linked. Select it in "Edit linked" mode and set its physics to "none" - that's "phantom squared", makes the physics engine ignore it. Just make sure it's not the root because the root can't be set physics:none - then you can link the transparent prims to provide minimal physics.

Wow that worked! Thanks so much, Da5id!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, insilvermoonlight said:

Wow that worked! Thanks so much, Da5id!

Just wanted to be clear that I guess all of us on this thread know this is a "work around" and not a fix and some of us are cringing by now (I can think of at least five people NOT commenting on this thread that are or will be LOL) .    If you are going to sell to customers quite a few of them KNOW when the physics of a house is incorrect or patchworked, so not the best business practice to pass along -- just my opinion.  :D.

Hopefully you can learn to make your own mesh correctly sometime soon. Lots of help here if you decide to do that. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I put together a mesh house for the first time, a couple of weeks ago, there were a couple of things I came away with.

1: Make a mesh physics model, and do not set physics to Convex Hull That physics model doesn't need holes for windows.

2: Because a house is so big, the LOD switching distances are huge. The uploader-generated LOD models can look broken but you can check before you upload.

There can be problems with long, thin, triangles. I'd thought the render-weight calculation discouraged them, by including a measure of the maximum triangle dimension, but that seems to have changed. What I thought happened was that if you split a 4x1 quad into 2 2x1 quads it triangulated into twice as many triangles at half the cost per triangle, and now I am wondering if I imagined it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.