Jump to content
Elisaisabel Munro

mesh body, legacy head

Recommended Posts

Hi!

I'm in SL on and off and sometimes i don't have time to investigate as i should.  It has a learning curve and it seems i need to know more.

I don't want to change my head.  But i do have a Maitreya body.  The problem is skin.  I tryed demos at, for example, LAQ (the skin says "omega"), and even tho i have the Omega System Kit - Maitreya it doesn't apply on my body or head. 

Other skin brands apply on my body but not head.....

Do i need an extra applyer??

What did i miss?

Edited by Elisaisabel Munro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Elisaisabel Munro said:

Hi!

I'm in SL on and off and sometimes i don't have time to investigate as i should.  It has a learning curve and it seems i need to know more.

I don't want to change my head.  But i do have a Maitreya body.  The problem is skin.  I tryed demos at, for example, LAQ (the skin says "omega"), and even tho i have the Omega System Kit - Maitreya it doesn't apply on my body or head. 

Other skin brands apply on my body but not head.....

Do i need an extra applyer??

What did i miss?

Do you have the Omega Applier Relay for Maitreya attached when you try to use Omega appliers? It will only work if it's attached to your screen - like an AO or another HUD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

Do you have the Omega Applier Relay for Maitreya attached when you try to use Omega appliers? It will only work if it's attached to your screen - like an AO or another HUD.

yes i have.  I even saw the video from omega

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Elisaisabel Munro said:

yes i have.  I even saw the video from omega

Hm, strange. I assume you are in a place that allow scripts to be running. I can't log in, but I can suggest how you can find skins for your head.

Nothing applies on your head is because people has bought so many mesh heads, that few are selling skins with the texture for the System/Classic head. I am using "System/Classic" on purpose, because "Legacy" is the name of a new mesh body.

You need something that says: "Works with Classic avatars" to get a real skin, not just an applier. I am using this as an example: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/YSYS-Eva-Tone02-Skin-Classic-SL-Avatar/8817009

This will show on your head, but not your Maitreya body. For that, you need a Maitreya demo in the same tone as the skin, the store sells that too. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/YSYS-Maitreya-Lara-Appliers-Tone-02/7127633

When you have the classic skin demo plus the Maitreya demo, that should work just fine. You must seek skins for your head first. I am not sure if LAQ sell classic skins anymore. They sold them a year ago, they are special priced on a wall and cost 500 L/fatpack. But that was one year ago.

It is a new way of using skins with mesh that's called Bakes on Mesh. I don't have time to write so much, it is a subforum longer down in the forums. https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/355-bakes-on-mesh/ There will be no need for appliers, but it is so new that very few have updated viewers and can see it. Firestorm users can't see it, so for them, you will look messed up.

So until Bakes on Mesh is common and on Firestorm, I will suggest that you use appliers. BoM will not affect your classic head in any way, so no need to think about that.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Hm, strange. I assume you are in a place that allow scripts to be running. I can't log in, but I can suggest how you can find skins for your head.

Nothing applies on your head is because people has bought so many mesh heads, that few are selling skins with the texture for the System/Classic head. I am using "System/Classic" on purpose, because "Legacy" is the name of a new mesh body.

You need something that says: "Works with Classic avatars" to get a real skin, not just an applier. I am using this as an example: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/YSYS-Eva-Tone02-Skin-Classic-SL-Avatar/8817009

This will show on your head, but not your Maitreya body. For that, you need a Maitreya demo in the same tone as the skin, the store sells that too. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/YSYS-Maitreya-Lara-Appliers-Tone-02/7127633

When you have the classic skin demo plus the Maitreya demo, that should work just fine. You must seek skins for your head first. I am not sure if LAQ sell classic skins anymore. They sold them a year ago, they are special priced on a wall and cost 500 L/fatpack. But that was one year ago.

It is a new way of using skins with mesh that's called Bakes on Mesh. I don't have time to write so much, it is a subforum longer down in the forums. https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/355-bakes-on-mesh/ There will be no need for appliers, but it is so new that very few have updated viewers and can see it. Firestorm users can't see it, so for them, you will look messed up.

So until Bakes on Mesh is common and on Firestorm, I will suggest that you use appliers. BoM will not affect your classic head in any way, so no need to think about that.

 

 

thank you so much for taking your time explaining to me...

i don't use mesh heads because i feel like i will loose the avie i was using since like 10 years ago.. i will be another person.. and i think no mesh head can let you tranform your head like you need/want.  I don't think i will be having the same features.. my avie face is the same (or at least i try) as my RL face....   Too many mesh heads with "duck lips" it is just not me and, frankly, not as common on RL too..

Thank you so much again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...