User name how to stop automatic appearance

LadyJulietDream

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi, Lady Juliet!

You bring up a couple of interesting points.  I don't have "remember me" checked for either my user name or my password...and yet, the viewer DOES remember my user name!

I never thought to test it before, but I tried it, and in fact the user name entry is NOT case sensitive, at least with the standard LL viewer.

I don't know of a way to change either of these, except to submit a bug report and hope LL gets around to it eventually.

1 hour ago, LadyJulietDream said:

Hi

my username appears automatically on the sl viewer login. I would rather it didn't and I would like to fill that in myself. I could not se an instruction to enable me to do that. Is he username case sensitive

thank you

SL Viewer does not give you the option of not remembering the username.  It automatically remembers whatever name was logged in last.

Some (maybe all) of the third party viewers do give you that option.

1 hour ago, LadyJulietDream said:

Hi

my username appears automatically on the sl viewer login. I would rather it didn't and I would like to fill that in myself. I could not se an instruction to enable me to do that. Is he username case sensitive

thank you

If you are wanting some sort of RL privacy, I suggest each time you log out, that you go to log in and type something else, not sure it will definitely work, but it might, or if it is just one account you don't want seen, log in another before finishing up for the day.

The Debug Setting RememberPassword if designed to Keep password (in encrypted form) for next login. It's set to TRUE by default but you can set it to FALSE so that it forces you to type the password manually each time.

It looks like the Debug Setting AutoLogin is supposed to default to FALSE.  If yours isn't. you can set it to FALSE so that your viewer should not login automatically using your last username/password combination.

As far as I can see, though, there's no setting to leave the login name field \blank.  The best you can do, as Sasy suggests, is to pretend to log in and type nonsense in that field so that the last name it saves will not be yours.

3 hours ago, LadyJulietDream said:

Thanks for your help much appreciated. Not your fault , but I can’t see why the name can’t be blank. 

Do you know if I can pass that idea up to the developers .

Anyone can report a bug (and I think this IS a bug)  Go to the Help menu on your Dashboard page and click "Issue Tracker".

I would simply say, "The log in page does not have the option to NOT remember the user name.  It should only be automatically filled in when the "Remember User Name" box is checked."

5 hours ago, LadyJulietDream said:

Thanks for your help much appreciated. Not your fault , but I can’t see why the name can’t be blank. 

Do you know if I can pass that idea up to the developers .

Because Second Lie will be as convenient as possible. wether you like it or now, based on the Disneyland mantra "Happiest place on earth, whether you like it or not." https://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20141216/29749/top-20-things-youre-not-allowed-do-disney-theme-parks

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Anyone can report a bug (and I think this IS a bug)  Go to the Help menu on your Dashboard page and click "Issue Tracker".

I would simply say, "The log in page does not have the option to NOT remember the user name.  It should only be automatically filled in when the "Remember User Name" box is checked."

That checkbox is for when you use multiple alts - it creates pull-down/pop=-up list of all the names you've logged into. Unchecking the "Remember" username box then just leaves the last name that *attempted* to log-in. (So just typing Jabberwocky or nonsense will not work unless you actually try to login and let it fail.) I love the LL Viewer and use it quite often, so based on my experiments and things, this is what I've learned. Unless my experience is unique, this is how it will work for everyone. The same with other viewers that are closely based on the Official viewer (which Firestorm is NOT) - like Catnip and Kokua.

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.