Anyway for an object to restrict camera zooming too close to it?

DorianaCele

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I know that avatars are "protected" from being inspected at a distance too close by restricting how close the camera can move to them. I am wondering if a non-avatar object can do it as well? I see all camera restriction functions require that you sit on the object.  What I am looking for is a function that does not require sitting on the object but make the object protected from camera zooming too close just like a AV. Thanks!

I don't experience any limit on how close I can cam to another avatar -- indeed I can cam inside avatars, which is a little off-putting.

Also the scripted functions for controlling the cam don't actually restrict it in any way because they only affect the default cam -- you can always alt-zoom or otherwise manually control the cam regardless of where the scripted cam is looking.

It is true, though, that this scripted cam control is limited to only objects worn or sat upon. With RLV, though, all bets are off, so if you're only wanting to restrict the cams of RLV users under the script's control, there's probably a way to do that.

• Like 2

I've never heard of a limit on how close you can cam to an avatar. In my 12 years here, I have always been able to cam inside avs, just as Qie has.  It's not something I do every day, but it's useful when you're trying to help someone find a lost piece of jewelry.  ;)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I've never heard of a limit on how close you can cam to an avatar. In my 12 years here, I have always been able to cam inside avs, just as Qie has.  It's not something I do every day, but it's useful when you're trying to help someone find a lost piece of jewelry.  ;)

It's a togglable setting built into the viewer.

That said, I have a bad habit of peeking into most people's avatars. Sometimes there's interesting stuff there!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.