How to fix an estate's broken Windlight (EEP issue)

Linaly Kealoha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi!

Since Tuesday I've had an issue on my sim/estate where the windlight does not render correctly. It shows fine in the environment editor, but it applies wrong to the estate as a whole. Trying to restore the SL default only yields an error message that says "The Windlight settings were empty or not well formed". The issue persists on this sim only, in Firestorm as well as the official SL viewer. I am told this is an EEP issue - my question is how do I fix it so that my sim can display correctly again? 

Sim name is Elbe, if that is relevant at all.

Foggy picture (how the Windlight used to look like and how it displays if chosen locally or before applying)

image.thumb.png.e06f2d5d98e510a9413f1ee7973bdf92.png

How it looks once applied :

image.png.8b3c19cc4368a533b28f508a2fb3bd06.png

Error message when trying to use default :

image.png.39d73fbb2ef887f30f28c0263a0879b6.png

Edited by Rydia Lacombe

5 answers to this question

Thanks for your answer.

I have set the Windlight on the EEP viewer successfully. However, returning on either Firestorm or the normal viewer automatically breaks the Windlight again. Since I suspect most of my visitors don't have the EEP client running I do not know whether this is a good solution in the long run. Is there a way to make my sim not roll EEP? Because until Tuesday it worked perfectly fine.

3 minutes ago, Rydia Lacombe said:

Is there a way to make my sim not roll EEP? Because until Tuesday it worked perfectly fine.

Not that I am aware. I think it's in the server code now.  I alternate between the LL EEP viewer and Firestorm myself, and haven't had any trouble since I reset it.  None of my tenants have said anything either.  I suspect that many of them are on Firestorm.  I wonder why it's a problem on your region?  Have you tried restarting the region?

I have restarted it, and mostly I liked my old foggy Windlight setting. I can always set it correctly on the EEP viewer for other people using the EEP viewer - but it just looks off and not as balanced in the normal releases. Perhaps there is a Firestorm setting that helps - I mean, my Windlight does look normal on Firestorm if I set it locally for myself alone,e.g. quick preferences or the like. At least I can now reset the windlight entirely, though, but it doesn't look like my Firestorm or my LL release play nicely with whatever else I set on the EEP and try to apply to my estate.

Edited by Rydia Lacombe

I would write this up in a JIRA bug report. You can ask for help in a Bug Report... and you might get it... or not.

The Lindens think they have the server side about right. Two new employees are working on the viewer side. So, they are looking for problems and hoping to get them all fixed. So, a JIRA is something they can track and pass around in the engineering side of things.

Tuesday at noon the Server-Scripting group meets. Rider Linden usually is there and willing to answer EEP related questions. So, you might get his help. Also, other region owners are there and may have suggestions too.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.