Eye transparencies blocking eyebrows—Catwa BUG??

Soul Tripp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

WHAT in the HECK are these eye bugs? On the left, this is what it looks like if you get around to the side of it, which is a little tricky. On the right, this is what you see from the front— it blocks part of the eyebrow and the transparencies move with the eye, I think. This is driving me crazy, and I know I'm not the only one experiencing this. I have tried everything, like removing all layers and getting new copies of the Catwa Bento head, basically starting from scratch. The glitch doesn't seem to crop up until doing something with the eyes. I don't know if it's when I remove Catwa's eyelashes or what. It's just maddening!

05d498dc26bafa9f35e6dd75614a0cf2.png

Have you seen this?? Help!

Those look like eyelash textures to me. I do not have any Catwa heads but on my Altamura I see the eyelashes doing that when standing in front of other blended alpha textures, such as windows or some foliage. Is the skin on your head native (i.e., it came with the head) or is it a third-party via applier? Sometimes applied skins themselves use blended alphas in the textures and if your skin is one of those, the conflict between eyelash and skin texture would manifest itself like that.

I really appreciate the input from you, Love, and you, Dilli. I will check out your ideas. It looks like the texture doesn't appear until  I put on eyebrows and/or eyeshadow. :/  I do *think* I'm wearing the Catwa head/eyes alpha. And yeah, the textures do look like ann eyelash *something*.  I have both windows AND foliage in my room, so I'll take a walk and see what happens. My skin is third party. I think it's OK, but who the heck knows??!!  ;)

46 minutes ago, Soul Tripp said:

WHAT in the HECK are these eye bugs? On the left, this is what it looks like if you get around to the side of it, which is a little tricky. On the right, this is what you see from the front— it blocks part of the eyebrow and the transparencies move with the eye, I think. This is driving me crazy, and I know I'm not the only one experiencing this. I have tried everything, like removing all layers and getting new copies of the Catwa Bento head, basically starting from scratch. The glitch doesn't seem to crop up until doing something with the eyes. I don't know if it's when I remove Catwa's eyelashes or what. It's just maddening!

05d498dc26bafa9f35e6dd75614a0cf2.png

Have you seen this?? Help!

It is Catwa eyelash "prims" - the ONLY fix is to set eyelashes to NONE. (Catwa is not the only head with this issue, but theirs is the worst instance of it.)

Alyona—That makes sense. I tried to select them for deletion, but no dice. With transparencies highlighted, they didn’t turn red, either, the way I would think a transparent prim would, Do you know how I can take your input, and set lashes to none? Where would I do that? Thank you!

It's an alpha glitch between the lashes and the brows. The only solution that really works is to start using BoM with brows baked into the skin layer. Or use a skin that has the brows on it so that you don't need to use applied brows.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.