Subdividing issue

Kia Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Or maybe I'm a bit more dense than I thought I was but I'm trying to split  a 8192sqm parcel into two. The whole parcel is under water. 

Have read all the destructions I could find; I know how to join two parcels together - piece of cake when it's just that straightforward but this is driving me spare.

How the heck do you hold onto your mouse long enough to drag a yellow box over the entire section you want to create a parcel out of when your screen just isn't that big and you have to stop and start all over again?

Don't laugh! haha I already know how daft I sound!

Do I just need giants hands or something? This isn't an issue Torley Linden ever raised in his tutorials...he only demonstrates the easy stuff. For guys with big hands....

Couple suggestions for this.

1. It may help to "drain the water" so you can back the cam away, far above the parcel, so you can maybe get the entire section grabbed in one gesture. Water visibility is toggled from the Advanced / Rendering Types menu, shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Shift+7.
  2. You can subdivide little slices and then glue them back together with Join.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

It may help to "drain the water" so you can back the cam away

This for sure was a life saver for me when I was trying to divide a region up.  I also found it easier to raise my draw distance and position my cam directly above the area to divide.  I also had to do Qie's point 2.  to get the perfect parcelling.  Just took  a bit of patience and NO WATER :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

this is something i don't really understand... why need giant hands to hold a mouse?

no...lol I meant  holding the mouse while trying to drag the yellow box/lines thingy alllllllll the way over the chunk of the parcel i wanted to separate, which i couldn't do since my screen is little and - oh never mind. You had to be there. 

Figured it out eventually :)

On 9/19/2019 at 11:13 AM, AnyaJurelle said:

no...lol I meant  holding the mouse while trying to drag the yellow box/lines thingy alllllllll the way over the chunk of the parcel i wanted to separate, which i couldn't do since my screen is little and - oh never mind. You had to be there.

Oh, I know exactly how it is and yes, it can be rather frustrating.

The only solution I have found is to split of one little piece at a time and then rejoin them afterwards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Oh, I know exactly how it is and yes, it can be rather frustrating.

The only solution I have found is to split of one little piece at a time and then rejoin them afterwards.

Thank you, Chin - I did that in the end, but stopped at 'one little piece' so it's not exactly split in half (more like 70/30) but I can live with that :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.