Lustfullintentions

Old Skool Clothes Tutorials?? (omega appliers)

I am having a HECK of a time figuring out how to get the seams on the sids arms and legs to match up for clothes or tattoos. anyone have a favorite tutorial that helped them figure it out back in the legacy days or more recently for omega appliers?

That's what the grid pattern on the UV maps is good for.  Load a map as a texture and apply it to your av and a local texture to see what it looks like.  Then use the same map as a layer in Photoshop and do your designing on a partially transparent layer above it.

Photoshop Extended has a built in 3d option which is perfect for this, especially tattoos...that said, you can get a decent connection at least for clothes just by utilizing UV maps...I would also suggest to work in higher resolution and downsize before upload...Most SL mesh bodies are SLUV compatible, but I noticed there are differences and some bodies and some areas are more problematic then others...Best match was always TMP body, now Legacy, closely followed by Slink and Belleza..Maitreya is terrible, you will get all sort of miss-matching and stretching and weird shapes...

Slink has a dev kit for texturing with a very cool studio that lets you see things on the body with UVs and without paying for upload. ..

As Rolig said, you are bound to spend some time testing, do not get discouraged by this, it`s just a part of the process..