Trains in Bellisseria Photo Thread

Daniel Voyager

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

32 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Fabulous, sceneris!  I'm assuming this is your own train? 

What a beautiful ride, birds tweeting and the landscaping is just wonderful along the route.  Are there any trains rezzed somewhere that those of us who don't own trains can ride ... um ... pilot ... no ... drive...no... engineer?   I guess we would have to learn SLRR engineer's rules, so we stop at crossings and observe rights of way etc.?

If I see a train go by, Ima hop on, you betcha!

TOOT TOOT!

There's an open source train available to all in the Belisseria Events group, I rezzed it yesterday at SSPE260 and was able to be an engineer woot!  It says it can take a few passengers,  very fun to try...it looks like the yellow train in the pics above that says MOLE on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

You can't actually go very far if you can get past that bridge as it comes to a dead end. Most of the waterways around the camper area are inland only, and aside from the ones that can be accessed from the main body of water (which is the standard 20m water level) the water level is at 30m.

Yes, the inland waters are 10 meters higher than standard (the same at Heterocera Atoll: Inner Lake is like 60 meters higher) - though the Bellisseria inland lakes are great for motor-boating. I'm not sure if there are any rez zones in the lakes, but I've been planning to go boating with this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BERDAVmarine-Eleven/3229786 It's free, but not a "freebie" - it's high-quality boat that is given free as a demo, but not a demo - it's a free boat. Did any of that make sense?

Also, there are free trains on Market Place and you can go to Yucca Train Station and Hooktip regions to grab free trains - mostly just engines. If you browse market place Vehicle category, there is a "Rail" sub-category. I recommend setting the filter to "Newest". I have *many* of the Bibian trains. So eventually the Orient Express Luxury Liner will be passing through the Campwik station and regions of Bellisseria (once that RR line is completed, of course.)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Pinging @Squeaky Mole! Hahaha... Okay, @Patch Linden is prolly really, REALLY tired of me nagging him about SLRR on Bellisseria (I do love you, Patch! HONEST!), so I ping you! I wanted to go Choo-chooing in Bellisseria. It turns out the switch that allows trains to enter the track from the rez zone is BROKEN! :D

After talking with someone who knows how all this works, they said "somebody has returned the BRANCH SENSOR" (Whatever that is). Can you put one back, PLEEEEZE!?

🙏

And, seriously, ALL of you have done an amazing job here, really, really thank you all so much! My Second Life is very exciting all over again!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, 16janvier2015 said:

I hear that lawnmowers are a thing these days.

JUST KIDDING! It's awesome! What I find so amazing is the sheer variety of gorgeous. If I were to try to parcel-jump seeking a perfect spot over and over again, a limit of 50 tries per day would not be enough. Every single one I've seen is fantastic!

(Removed pictures only to simplify and ease some peoples' scrolling-carpal-tunnel. :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2019 at 1:33 PM, Alyona Su said:

Yes, the inland waters are 10 meters higher than standard (the same at Heterocera Atoll: Inner Lake is like 60 meters higher) - though the Bellisseria inland lakes are great for motor-boating. I'm not sure if there are any rez zones in the lakes, but I've been planning to go boating with this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BERDAVmarine-Eleven/3229786 It's free, but not a "freebie" - it's high-quality boat that is given free as a demo, but not a demo - it's a free boat. Did any of that make sense?

Also, there are free trains on Market Place and you can go to Yucca Train Station and Hooktip regions to grab free trains - mostly just engines. If you browse market place Vehicle category, there is a "Rail" sub-category. I recommend setting the filter to "Newest". I have *many* of the Bibian trains. So eventually the Orient Express Luxury Liner will be passing through the Campwik station and regions of Bellisseria (once that RR line is completed, of course.)

I just bought that bought you mentioned....I will try out out in world, when I get back in.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RacyAcey said:

I just bought that bought you mentioned....I will try out out in world, when I get back in.

It's a really fun little boat and perfect for the inland lakes! It's also very realistic in terms of handling and speed. It doesn't go unrealistically fast; it's fits just right.

Edited by Alyona Su

13 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

It's a really fun little boat and perfect for the inland lakes! It's also very realistic in terms of handling and speed. It doesn't;t go unrealistically fast; it's fits just right.

I did try it out last nite for a while - it handles well.....unlike a few others I have in my inventory.  Some boats don't back up well, so if you judge wrong & end up with your nose to a rocky place.....can't back up or turn around.....I leave those boats in my inventory  - and add to their name that they don't work well, or I might buy them again, lol.

• Moles
On 9/20/2019 at 1:59 PM, Alyona Su said:

Pinging @Squeaky Mole! Hahaha... Okay, @Patch Linden is prolly really, REALLY tired of me nagging him about SLRR on Bellisseria (I do love you, Patch! HONEST!), so I ping you! I wanted to go Choo-chooing in Bellisseria. It turns out the switch that allows trains to enter the track from the rez zone is BROKEN! :D

After talking with someone who knows how all this works, they said "somebody has returned the BRANCH SENSOR" (Whatever that is). Can you put one back, PLEEEEZE!?

🙏

And, seriously, ALL of you have done an amazing job here, really, really thank you all so much! My Second Life is very exciting all over again!

The Bellisseria Second Life Railroad has been reworked to work more realistic for Bellisseria as that's what this place is all about.

This means everything people knew about the mainland SLRR could be invalid information. The reason for this is because the optimization we have to do for the Linden Homes project multiple locations only have one railway and we can not control the direction people rez their trains.

The rails are scripted to become "Busy" when one train is already one the tracks to avoid collisions, but this only works if people do not abuse their edit powers and obey the rules of the railroad.

This means, if anyone rezzed a train away from the rez-zone, which will always remain red if the track is busy and go green when it knows its safe to go or anyone who edits their train and goes to the other track to skip red lights or even drive through red light on high speed (lag issues can cause that) the whole system that has been created for realism breaks. 

Sadly there is no way to avoid these issues other than to ask people to not abuse their powers and obey the red signals that are red for a reason. This also means when the switches are not usable, this is because it's based on timers and clearance of the next tracks. Just like real life!

I'm considering posting the exact progress somewhere once I have time, sadly finding time is hard. For now all I can do is ask to obey the rules and not rez your trains anywhere else but at the rez zone which counts and triggers the exact clearance counts for the signals.

We are watching and learning, as I mentioned this is a new way of scripting to optimize the one-way tracks and we may still have to adjust some timers but as long nobody going through red signals it should work correctly you may just be waiting for 5 minutes depending on how busy the track is.

Edited by Squeaky Mole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 11

• Moles
8 minutes ago, maggiessunrise said:

The only thing I wish you could do is rez a  vehicle to drive  that would be fun  to be able to drive your car or truck or what ever

There are also rez-zones on the roads. Not sure the exact location right now but I believe its near one of the (current) last train station. 

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Squeaky Mole said:

The Bellisseria Second Life Railroad has been reworked to work more realistic for Bellisseria as that's what this place is all about.

This means everything people knew about the mainland SLRR could be invalid information as mainland. The reason for this is because the optimization we have to do for the Linden Homes project multiple locations only have one railway...

This is great information, thank you, but I feel like there's more to be known about this rework.  Are the full rules and behavior of the Belli railroad available at RR rez zones, or in a thread somewhere, or in the knowledge base somewhere?

• Like 1

Yes I have seen the rez zones sqares but I want to drive them on the roads here I have cute dune buggy but if you leave that rez area its rejected lol  you can only use wearables to drive around. Maybe someday some one will create a nice wearable vehicle like trucks cars, boats who knows I can wish 

Edited by maggiessunrise

• Moles
8 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

This is great information, thank you, but I feel like there's more to be known about this rework.  Are the full rules and behavior of the Belli railroad available at RR rez zones, or in a thread somewhere, or in the knowledge base somewhere?

At this point there are no official rules, It's more a "lets hope residents like to roleplay". It's hard to enforce realism in Second Life ^^

I will try to start some kind of information wiki page at some point, maybe next month. I'm currently on vacation, sort of! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• Moles
32 minutes ago, maggiessunrise said:

Yes I have seen the rez zones sqares but I want to drive them on the roads here I have cute dune buggy but if you leave that rez area its rejected lol  you can only use wearables to drive around. Maybe someday some one will create a nice wearable vehicle like trucks cars, boats who knows I can wish 

That doesn't sound right to me.  

If you are sitting on a vehicle then you can drive it out the rez zone, or you should be able to.    That's the way SL works.     Please try again, and please feel free, if you continue to have difficulties, to message me with details of where this happened plus a screenshot (if possible) of  whatever error message you receive when you try to leave the rez zone.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
4 minutes ago, maggiessunrise said:

Well I tried with the boats and vehicle I rez them where your suppose to but as soon as I drive off they get  return and it says not allowed so I don't know

It would help me greatly in fixing the issue if you could give me the slurl of the rez zone you are talking about and also (very important) a screenshot of the error message you receive.

Other people are able to drive vehicles round Bellissaria so I don't understand why you can't, and I want to fix the problem for you if I can.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.