Group Rez Restrictions no longer working

Jessica4u2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently discovered that staff in my club's group has the ability to rez items, regardless of their role, even those who were not granted such permissions in the group. This includes the 'Everyone' role which only has the group chat box checked. The land is deeded to this group. I tested it on my home sim as well, which is deeded to another group, and this same issue persists.

So sometime within the last month, something has changed, seemingly grid wide, that allows anyone in a group to rez items even if they were not granted that ability. This could cause major problems for land or business owners as well as other groups needing to regulate permissions.

Has anyone else had issues restricting perms for members of their group recently? This needs to be addressed and corrected as soon as possible.

You may want to double checl the parcel permissions as well, ensuring that the individual parcels do not have either of the Build permission boxes ticked. The last I bothered with setting up all of the permissions, I noted that the only Build permissions relating to simply creating objects was an override flag that Always allowed Build for group set/deeded parcels.

In other words the actual group role permission was - the last time I looked - an override for the parcel level flag: If the parcel is set to allow build/object creation for a Group, then that group can do so even if their role is not flagged for doing so (blanket permisson on the Parcel level) whereas the per role permission is an explicit flag (this role can build no matter what the parcel flag says).

If the parcels in question do not have this flag set and you have roles able to build when that explicit flag is not set, then yes there is a problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

In other words the actual group role permission was - the last time I looked - an override for the parcel level flag: If the parcel is set to allow build/object creation for a Group, then that group can do so even if their role is not flagged for doing so (blanket permisson on the Parcel level) whereas the per role permission is an explicit flag (this role can build no matter what the parcel flag says).

Yes, that's the way I've always understood it to work. If the parcels are set to allow group build, anybody in the group is supposed to be able to rez there. It the parcels are set to disallow group build, only group members in Roles with the "Always allow 'Create Objects'" Ability should be able to build there.

• Like 2

Just now, Qie Niangao said:

Yes, that's the way I've always understood it to work. If the parcels are set to allow group build, anybody in the group is supposed to be able to rez there. It the parcels are set to disallow group build, only group members in Roles with the "Always allow 'Create Objects'" Ability should be able to build there.

If such is still the case then it leaves only a few possibilities:

1. There is some sort of bug
  2. The parcels in question explicitly have group build allowed
  3. The roles in question had the ability to always allow object creation turned on

Now with either of the latter two, you next have to wonder if those settings were always like that (and OP never noticed them set that way) or if somehow another role was given permission to change Group or Parcel flags and then did so.

If the former then the fix is simple: Readjust all permissions. If the latter then someone was added to a role that they really should not have been or a role in general was given a permission it shouldn't have had. In either case the solution would be to retune role permissions and then properly set the parcel flags again.

• Like 1

The settings have been the same on land and group perms for the past 4 years, for both sims.

In both Land settings, Group Build has always been checked, Everyone not checked, and I regulated build permissions in the respective groups.

So after recruiting an alt, unchecking the land Group Build, then removing build perms in the group, she was not allowed to rez. Added back the perms in group and left the land Group Build unchecked and she can now rez, just as y'all stated.

In the past, with the Land Group checked, the member could not rez without a tag on if they had perms, and could not rez period if they didn't have perms. I checked with a couple others who have their groups set this way and were surprised, as I was, that Group had to now(?) be unchecked.

Needless to say, order has been restored and I thank you both for your replies!! Have  great day! 😊

Edited by Jessica4u2
  • Like 1

Well, after doing all that, the couples dance won't rez the "hearts" people sit on to dance because it cannot see the group, only the land, which now disallows group build. This all worked before with Group Build checked in land and perms set in the group itself, so something did indeed change. Scratches my head ....

You may need to set or deed the object to the land group (assuming said land is owned by the group mind). Try setting it first and see if that fixes it .... if not, you'll have to deed it. Be careful mind, there's the chance that it may have No Transfer animations in it and that it may not reflect this by showing itself as No Transfer.

Caveats abound with these bloody things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.