What are you watching today?

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My viewing habits have gone off the rails. I watch videos on youtube like a street food vendor making a ham and eggs sandwich, then an episode of Blue Planet. I watched the new IT movie. Still not sca

Because when I flipped on my TV this morning this one popped up. So. Now we move forward.  

Posted Images

I found this series from 2011 in one of Amazon's pay channels (some of which have very meagre offerings).  Going by the first episode it's well done, with interesting characters, a good story, and with time to absorb detail. It isn't half as frantic as the trailer. 

Please keep political postings out of this topic. You have other topics to post them in, and I don't want this topic locked, especially since Linden staff have kindly allowed a few non-SL topics such as this to continue.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 3
23 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Please keep political postings out of this topic. You have other topics to post them in, and I don't want this topic locked, especially since Linden staff have kindly allowed a few non-SL topics such as this to continue.

Saying it again.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Gage Wirefly said:

Currently on Season 3 of Humans, the final one. Shame it ended after 3, it could have used 2 more to tie it off , great show in either case.

I really liked that series, sad to see it go.

You know it was a spin-off from a European one -- I might have liked it even better. Scandinavian one I think.

Edited by Luna Bliss
43 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's an historic event.

US presidents are changed out every 4-8 years, I don't see why this is any more 'historical' than the inauguration of Franklin Pierce. Do you think that, in a hundred years' time, people are going to look back to today and say 'this was especially significant' or 'this was an important turning point in US history'?

People are a bit liberal with calling things 'historical', in my opinion. 

Personally I'm watching something that contains both history and cooking!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Do you think that, in a hundred years' time, people are going to look back to today and say 'this was especially significant' or 'this was an important turning point in US history'?

As it happens, yes, quite possibly.

And I'm not going to be around in a hundred years. This is history -- a term which is not limited to only "earthshaking events" -- that is going to matter a great deal to me now, as well as to a few billion other people on this planet.

Just now, Garnet Psaltery said:

@Scylla RhiadraSo, what are you watching today? 

The forums? 😊

I did, in fact, watch a fair amount of the inauguration, and most especially the speeches -- which, I was relieved to see, mostly hit the right notes, including those delivered by Republicans. The whole exercise has left me feeling a teeny bit better about the future.

Most recently though, I binged my way through Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the spin-off Angel.  I never watched those back in the day and decided it was finally time I did.

All of the normal "fall" tv shows are finally back though (or will be by end of month), so I'll be going back to watching those weekly shows.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

@Scylla Rhiadra I should have known better than to ask. 

[Edited out post for another topic.]

Well, more in keeping with the spirit of the thread, I can tell you that I have been binging recently on Joanna Lumley's various travelogues for ITV and the BBC -- most recently (i.e., last night) her "In the Land of the Northern Lights." She's just wonderful, and I like the way her narratives focus as much on the trivial as upon the monumental.

• Like 2

I started to watch Fraiser again..

I don't know what it is, but some series I put on a loop and rewatch as soon as the one before it is finished..

I love, King of Queens, Last man Standing, Fraiser and sometimes will put Friends in there..

Maybe it has something to do with looking back on those time periods or something..

I only turn them on to help put me to sleep.. which ,they do that very well and I get really good sleep..

Aaaanyways, I have Fraiser on  cycle now.. This show just never gets old for me.. It was so well done, I think..

This is where Niles Doppelganger shows up at Fraisers loft withDaphnie.

• Like 1