What are you watching today?

12 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:
12 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't understand. Where did the babies come from? Any why is there a talking monkey? lol

If you seen season 1, you see the dad open a jar with some glowing energy that floats up into the sky. 

If you are still watching  season 2, the talking chimp gets revealed and why they are intelligent.

Ahhh I see (hopefully)...thanks. The 'father' is a kind of mad scientist, similar to a Dr. Moreau in the movie The Island Of Dr. Moreau. I just started watching it, and could be I missed the part where he initiated it all by releasing glowing energy into the sky.  I like the talking money.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My viewing habits have gone off the rails. I watch videos on youtube like a street food vendor making a ham and eggs sandwich, then an episode of Blue Planet. I watched the new IT movie. Still not sca

Because when I flipped on my TV this morning this one popped up. So. Now we move forward.  

I'll be watching Fraiser for a little bit before bed.. it's one of those shows that I can watch over and over..I think I'm on my fifth time watching the series.. Not back to back ,but will w

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Ahhh I see (hopefully)...thanks. The 'father' is a kind of mad scientist, similar to a Dr. Moreau in the movie The Island Of Dr. Moreau. I just started watching it, and could be I missed the part where he initiated it all by releasing glowing energy into the sky.  I like the talking money.

Season 2 really explains a lot more about the father..

Season 1 is more about the kids..

They all have the same birthdays and all born at the same time.. On the same exact day there were 43 women that became pregnant and within moments all had a child..

Reginald Hargreeves, which is the dad, went around trying to adopt all of the 43 children that he could find, but could only get 7 of them..

The media asked him why he did it in a press conference.. He said, To save the world..

I really don't want to give anything away from season 2.. All of that is from season 1..

In the first season when he opens the jar, if you look past him into the background you'll see missiles incoming and outgoing.. this is all before the kids were born..

the cool thing about this series is , they put so much detail into it that you can rewatch it and rewatch it and get more of the story from little details that get missed that you wouldn't know about until you watched the series once.. even certain sounds can answer questions..

It's really wild.

But if I tell you too much, especially about him, it will be like a spoiler for the second season, hehehehe

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you seen season 1, you see the dad open a jar with some glowing energy that floats up into the sky. 

If you are still watching  season 2, the talking chimp gets revealed and why they are intelligent.

They still have not explained mother yet, as I recall..(it was told what she was but not how she came to be I think). ? Def season 3!!

Edited by Tarina Sewell
2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:
4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Season 2 really explains a lot more about the father..

Season 1 is more about the kids..

They all have the same birthdays and all born at the same time.. On the same exact day there were 43 women that became pregnant and within moments all had a child..

Reginald Hargreeves, which is the dad, went around trying to adopt all of the 43 children that he could find, but could only get 7 of them..

The media asked him why he did it in a press conference.. He said, To save the world..

I really don't want to give anything away from season 2.. All of that is from season 1..

In the first season when he opens the jar, if you look past him into the background you'll see missiles incoming and outgoing.. this is all before the kids were born..

the cool thing about this series is , they put so much detail into it that you can rewatch it and rewatch it and get more of the story from little details that get missed that you wouldn't know about until you watched the series once.. even certain sounds can answer questions..

It's really wild.

But if I tell you too much, especially about him, it will be like a spoiler for the second season, hehehehe

I see, it's all making more sense now. And I'll drink some caffeine before viewing too!

No don't give too much away...I think you revealed the perfect amount...

I only started watching this because you and Tarina raved about it, so it better be good or I'll hold you both responsible!  (just kidding).   :)

16 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I see, it's all making more sense now. And I'll drink some caffeine before viewing too!

No don't give too much away...I think you revealed the perfect amount...

I only started watching this because you and Tarina raved about it, so it better be good or I'll hold you both responsible!  (just kidding).   :)

It's worth it..the rabbit hole in deep with this show hehehe

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

They still have not explained mother yet, as I recall..(it was told what she was but not how she came to be I think). ? Def season 3!!

They explain about Mom in season one..I forget what episode it is though..

She was made for Vanya because Vanya kept killing her nannies.. She would get mad at them and use her powers .. So Reginald Hargreeves modeled  Mom after his only lover outside of his marriage, or as they call it, Paramour..

This is all season one stuff, so no spoilers here..

He made her to be durable when Vanya would get mad.. Also Reginald had Allison rumor Vanya that she was normal and had no powers, when really her powers are more powerful than her brothers and sisters.. Plus he kept Vanya drugged a lot of the time so her powers wouldn't surface on their own like they happen to do when she's not drugged.

I hope they do a prequel of this series to where we can at some point get a season when they were young and the team doing the missions.. that would be awesome, I think..

• Like 1

From whizzing past those posts up there 👆 I can see I am late to the party. 📺 🎉 

I reminded myself for weeks that season 2 of the ☂ academy was coming up & forgot.  I started last night & forgot this morning that I needed to go to episode 2.  But for now the Golden Girls is on.  
I can tell you all of the walking dead’s return (Well just the season finale of the original series but the 3rd series premieres & FTWD starts season 6) within a week either way (4th &11th) of my bday in October & I won’t be forgetting that.  🧟‍♀️ 🧟‍♂️ 

• Like 1
On 8/3/2020 at 8:44 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

I put one up to did not see yours yet!!! I am loving the new season!!!!! The music is out of sight! Great show.

I just wanted to reply to this one with a famous scene that they redid from season 1 for season 2

This first one is from season 1

The one below it is the season 2 teaser. I just thought these were neat as well as funny..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Plus he kept Vanya drugged a lot of the time so her powers wouldn't surface on their own like they happen to do when she's not drugged

I just knew there was more to this character than meets the eye!  Just got to the part where her student/friend dumps her medication.

56 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It's really great that you Umbrella watchers are enjoying the show so much but I count 19 posts about that one show.  It's time to move on. 

This is what I've just finished watching (the film, not the trailer). 

I looooooove Knives Out.  I don’t buy many movies, but I did this one after renting it.  

• Like 1

Aaaaand I thought I was going to go to season 2 episode 2 of ☂ academy today, but then the final season of The Rain popped up, so I binged that all the way thru.  Not really satisfied with the ending but hey, I’m glad I saw the series thru to the end.

10 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They explain about Mom in season one..I forget what episode it is though..

She was made for Vanya because Vanya kept killing her nannies.. She would get mad at them and use her powers .. So Reginald Hargreeves modeled  Mom after his only lover outside of his marriage, or as they call it, Paramour..

This is all season one stuff, so no spoilers here..

He made her to be durable when Vanya would get mad.. Also Reginald had Allison rumor Vanya that she was normal and had no powers, when really her powers are more powerful than her brothers and sisters.. Plus he kept Vanya drugged a lot of the time so her powers wouldn't surface on their own like they happen to do when she's not drugged.

I hope they do a prequel of this series to where we can at some point get a season when they were young and the team doing the missions.. that would be awesome, I think..

I have to go back then, because I do not remember. I usually bring the other episodes so I can catch up and remember but I was so excited!!

19 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I have to go back then, because I do not remember. I usually bring the other episodes so I can catch up and remember but I was so excited!!

As I said three posts back, "It's really great that you Umbrella watchers are enjoying the show so much but I count 19 posts about that one show.  It's time to move on".  That now makes 20 posts on the same subject.  I have asked that we move on from this one show, for two reasons. 1)  Heavy spoilers are being given out.  2)  Not everyone is interested in this particular show.  The purpose of this topic is to let others know what you are watching this very day, in the hope that people will find something interesting to go and see. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It's really great that you Umbrella watchers are enjoying the show so much but I count 19 posts about that one show.  It's time to move on. 

This is what I've just finished watching (the film, not the trailer). 

Thanks for reminding me to watch this!  I get bored with most whodunits, but this one looks special and it has a great cast.

I hope you don't mind too much, as I am a least using your post to mention yet again something humorous from Umbrella:

umbrella pot of coffee.gif

• Haha 1
On 8/6/2020 at 8:22 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

The purpose of this topic is to let others know what you are watching this very day, in the hope that people will find something interesting to go and see. 

I am not sure why you are objecting to people sharing a common connection in the forums? You state just here that you want the thread to allow people to view shows etc, well we are excited about a show that others might find contagious. We have a common connection no one is fighting or bickering or calling each other names we are having interesting and enlightening conversations and helping others share a common experience... good god forbid this happens on the forums because I swear to god I think some people are only happy when people are fighting here.. But no worries, I am done with your thread. Best wishes.