What are you watching today?

Can't wait to see this come out:

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/Batwoman-Casts-Javicia-Leslie-as-New-Series-15395330.php

The new Batwoman:

920x920.jpg

Leslie will portray a new character on the show named Ryan Wilder. She is described as likable, messy, a little goofy and untamed. She’s also nothing like Kate Kane (previously played by Ruby Rose), the woman who wore the Batsuit before her. With no one in her life to keep her on track, Ryan spent years as a drug-runner, dodging the GCPD and masking her pain with bad habits. Today Ryan lives in her van with her plant. A girl who would steal milk for an alley cat and could also kill you with her bare hands, Ryan is the most dangerous type of fighter: highly skilled and wildly undisciplined. She is an out lesbian, athletic, raw, passionate, fallible, and very much not your stereotypical All-American hero.

Leslie takes over leading the series from Rose, who shocked fans when she announced her departure from the series in May.

Won't say anything because the trailer already spoils it enough but its really a cinematographic masterpiece filmed in real locations with a nice story.

Screenshot_2020-07-11_15-47-01.thumb.png.9c9ca24133bc3f5f91e163591f550a50.png

Edited by Nick0678

28 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Won't say anything because the trailer already spoils it enough but its really a cinematographic masterpiece filmed in real locations with a nice story.

Very nice, had not heard of the film.  (Read the Wikipedia entry.)  I like the music in the clip, was also used in Zardoz (Beethoven's 7th symphone, 2nd movement).

It's a marathon to watch but pretty good overall. 
(if you have any ancient connexion to these cultures). 🤔 
The eastern european wailing in the music gets a little tedious and is incorrect
for this region/time from the little I know?.

Battles? - Gory.
Script? - Ye Olde modernised english lol.
Scenes? - Sensational village recreations. Especially the distance views.
Costuming? - Superb.
Acting? - Very believeable.
Tone? - Very muscly. 🧐 
Score? - Pretty good.

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

The eastern european wailing in the music gets a little tedious and is incorrect

Battles? - Gory.
Script? - Ye Olde modernised english lol.
Scenes? - Sensational village recreations. Especially the distance views.
Costuming? - Superb.
Acting? - Very believeable.
Tone? - Very muscly. 🧐 
Score? - Pretty good.

Yes, yes, yes!  These are my ancestors so of course I love it but it's also beautiful to look at, and the actors are a great bunch, whose chemistry really shows. Their recent podcasts on that channel are delightful. :) 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Seen it , historically it is loosely based on events (also mixing too many different eras) but as a story it is actually good.

Regarding the costumes,  lets just say.. a bit not authentic for that era. (modern buckles,, fancy knitting's, soft leather scale armors ??.. )

Still a nice series to watch.

• Like 1

I’m on episode 5 of Indian Matchmaking on Netflix.   It’s a documentary series about a woman who helps facilitate successful marriages.  Some participants are in India, others are in the USA.  It has been really interesting watching- I have no exposure or knowledge to “arranged” marriages, although it’s not really what it is, but there are older couples & the parents of the daters who discuss it It’s also been neat to see the footage in a India.  It’s way more posh than I previously knew-  from watching 90 day Fiancé- the other way- I had a different perception because of where Sumit & Jenny live (& there is an traditional arranged marriage in that show). 

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko