M0sstafa

banned account

Question

hello i have been banned along time ago ..i asked linden lab why i got banned they didn't say reason ..

and i don't even know how to play from the beginning when i don'y know why i got banned 

anyway to know why ?

anyway to get my account back  ? 

anyway to get my avi content information to make same avatar ? 

anyway to understand anything ?

9 answers to this question

If you were actually banned, then you received an e-mail message at the time that explains why you were banned.  It also explains how to appeal the ban, if you were given that option. If you have misplaced the e-mail, I suggest submitting a support case now to ask what to do next. In the meantime, I suggest reading the TOS very carefully, especially section 5:

5. TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT

Do not attempt to enter SL with a new account.  That would be an additional TOS violation, and it would reduce your chance of being allowed to appeal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

If you were actually banned, then you received an e-mail message at the time that explains why you were banned.  It also explains how to appeal the ban, if you were given that option. If you have misplaced the e-mail, I suggest submitting a support case now to ask what to do next. In the meantime, I suggest reading the TOS very carefully, especially section 5:

5. TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT

Do not attempt to enter SL with a new account.  That would be an additional TOS violation, and it would reduce your chance of being allowed to appeal.

the just said that banned because violation of rules i have no idea i just want to know what i did so i don't do it again 
but they keep saying violation what kind of violation they don't say and i wasn't using alts wasn't doing anything bad and it's permanent ban 

here is the messege 

This email is notification that Linden Lab has terminated your access to the Second Life virtual world due to severe or repeated violations of the Second Life Terms and Conditions (available at https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/second-life-terms-and-conditions), Linden Lab Terms of Service (available at https://www.lindenlab.com/tos), or related policy.

Your account has been permanently disabled. Depending on the nature of the recorded violations, additional alternate or household accounts may also have been disabled.

Per the Linden Lab Terms of Service, you may not return to Second Life on any account, new or existing.  

Aha!  This was a serious, permanent ban, with no option for appeal.

45 minutes ago, M0sstafa said:

Linden Lab has terminated your access to the Second Life virtual world due to severe or repeated violations of the Second Life Terms and Conditions

Linden Lab does not issue permanent bans without a lot of evidence, and they only do it for serious offenses.   The answer you are looking for is spelled out very clearly in that letter:

49 minutes ago, M0sstafa said:

Your account has been permanently disabled. Depending on the nature of the recorded violations, additional alternate or household accounts may also have been disabled.

Per the Linden Lab Terms of Service, you may not return to Second Life on any account, new or existing.  

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Aha!  This was a serious, permanent ban, with no option for appeal.

Linden Lab does not issue permanent bans without a lot of evidence, and they only do it for serious offenses.   The answer you are looking for is spelled out very clearly in that letter:

but what kind of violation ?? i need to know did i insulted someone ? did something wrong ?

1 minute ago, M0sstafa said:

but what kind of violation ?? i need to know did i insulted someone ? did something wrong ?

I am a SL resident, not a Linden.  I have no way of knowing, but I can assure you that it was not something simple like insulting someone.  You have been permanently banned for repeated or serious offenses.  Permanent means forever.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

I am a SL resident, not a Linden.  I have no way of knowing, but I can assure you that it was not something simple like insulting someone.  You have been permanently banned for repeated or serious offenses.  Permanent means forever.

yes i was in SL for 9 years and i didn't do anything so they won't tell me anyway right ?

Sorry, no, they won't tell you.

One way in which this sometimes happens to innocent people is that they follow a phishing link, and compromise their password.  Then the phisher uses their account to commit theft, fraud, and other ToS violations.

You might think that you could protest, "But that wasn't me, it was the guy who stole my account!"  Unfortunately, LL holds us responsible for everything that is done with our accounts, and you agreed to that when you accepted the ToS.  Unless you report the theft of your account promptly, LL will ban the account.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Sorry, no, they won't tell you.

One way in which this sometimes happens to innocent people is that they follow a phishing link, and compromise their password.  Then the phisher uses their account to commit theft, fraud, and other ToS violations.

You might think that you could protest, "But that wasn't me, it was the guy who stole my account!"  Unfortunately, LL holds us responsible for everything that is done with our accounts, and you agreed to that when you accepted the ToS.  Unless you report the theft of your account promptly, LL will ban the account.

thanks alot