Colour my cheeks

LadyJulietDream

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Gretchen is a classic avatar so you can get makeup layers to wear on her face. Lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushes, etc. Search for MAKEUP on Marketplace. There are some free makeups you can try. Search keywords for free classic body:   free makeup NOT demo NOT applier

the other thing you can do to try this all out, is go into your Inventory Library. Folder: Inventory \ Library \ Clothing. There are lots of outfits in there for the classic avatar.  Including skins of different shades and makeups, which you can wear on your Gretchen shape

Hi @LadyJulietDream!  Welcome to Second Life.

I see that you are asking a lot of questions about very basic things...paying people, transferring things, wearing clothes...

That's great, asking questions is how you learn things.  But, you might want to use some of the many resources available, too.  There is the Quick Start Guide here on the website, as well as the Knowledge Base.  Torley Linden has created a lot of helpful videos on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6425EBC53E2A6FAA.  There are several places in world where residents have created tutorials about Second Life, including Caledon Oxbridge University, New Resident Island, New Citizens Inc (NCI), and Firestorm Help Island and Firestorm Social Island.  Most of these areas will also have some live helpers available to answer your questions.  They also have groups that you can join, and then you can ask questions in the group's chat.

As for your specific question...

Gretchen is one of the "starter" avatars in your Library (Inventory > Library > Clothing > Initial Outfits).  She is also what is called a "classic" avatar.  That means the body is the basic one provided by Linden Lab, and can wear clothing and other texture type layers.  One such layer is the "tattoo" layer.  This is often used to change the makeup on a classic body.  Look for makeup that says it will work with Classic avatars.

While you can put on many different makeups in this way, you cannot really use this method to blush or to show emotion, as your question implies you'd like to do.  The classic avatar has a fairly limited range of facial expressions.  I have used a little HUD called "Auto Emote" for years.  This device makes my face perform one of the facial expressions when I push one of its buttons, or when I say an appropriate trigger word in chat.  For example, I can say, "/me laughs" and my avatar will actually laugh.

More and more, people are covering over the classic avatar body and head with Mesh bodies and heads.  You will see that some of these mesh avatars have something called "Bento".  Bento is a capability that allows avatars to have much more detail in things like hand/finger movements and facial expressions.  The control HUD for a Bento head will usually have a number of ways to let you express emotions or moods.  For a lot more detail on mesh bodies and heads, see the many video product reviews done by Strawberry Singh on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/strawberrysingh22

You can try all the testers here for 0 linden. They work for classic avatars. Then you can try a blush, they are not free. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/55328?utf8=✓&search[layout]=gallery&search[category_id]=&search[sort]=price_asc&search[per_page]=96&search[keywords]=&search[price_low]=&search[price_high]=&search[land_impact_low]=&search[land_impact_high]=&search[copy_permission]=0&search[modify_permission]=0&search[transfer_permission]=0

You can also use all the free demos here that includes a classic layer. They are labeled "Works for classic and mesh avatars" and you use the tattoo layer. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/1011

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.