Assistance request!

TwoCatsYelling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I'm still quite new at SL and am learning the ropes. I'm doing pretty well overall (I think so, anyway), but there's one thing that's mystifying me... and that's applying makeup to my avatar.

I'm aware that there are toolsets to use (for Omega, etc), but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get it to work.

I'm currently using the Altamura "Jenny" Bento Fullbody. According to the description, it's all Bento head to toe, and uses the Omega tool/system/thing (my terminology needs work :p).

Here's the thing, I went to the Omega store, and looked up the tool that you're supposed to use. But when I use it, nothing happens. I'm 110% positive this is my fault. Problem is, I don't know what it is I'm missing or doing wrong.

I've looked on YT and elsewhere for a basic tutorial/walkthrough.. but I'm not even sure if any of that is applicable to my avatar because it seems like it's an intentionally limited model, due to being a very low-cost "gift" option. Though that might not have any effect on it either.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, or at least just provide a few quick steps of what I need to do to get it working? Assuming it's possible on this avatar, etc?

Thanks!

First, check that your body/head isn't one of the free ones that doesn't have Omega capability - you cannot add makeup or any other applier layers to those bodies/heads at all, and you will need to upgrade to a full paid body.

If it's a full-featured body that you purchased, then you should be able to use Omega with it.

You need both the Altamura Omega relay/installer, AND you need the makeup hud.

Wear the Relay/Installer - if it's an installer, you only need to click it once, it adds the "magic" to your body and you can then go on ad add the makeup. If it's a Relay, you need to wear it every time you add makeup, but you don't need to click it or do anything with it. Just add and ignore.

Then add your makeup hud and click.

• Like 2

if it is the free gift you picked up in London City  IT WILL NOT work with any form of appliers at all. The FREE altamura avatars can NOT change skin, use clothing appliers, makeups or tattoos. All this is stated in the notecard that is in the folder when unpacked

Edited by Elise Banx
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Elise Banx said:

if it is the free gift you picked up in London City  IT WILL NOT work with any form of appliers at all. The FREE altamura avatars can NOT change skin, use clothing appliers, makeups or tattoos. All this is stated in the notecard that is in the folder when unpacked

Ahhh okay. Yeah it's that one. I must have misread the info on their webpage about it; or it's describing the full/normal version of the body or something.

Okay that explains it then. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

First, check that your body/head isn't one of the free ones that doesn't have Omega capability - you cannot add makeup or any other applier layers to those bodies/heads at all, and you will need to upgrade to a full paid body.

If it's a full-featured body that you purchased, then you should be able to use Omega with it.

You need both the Altamura Omega relay/installer, AND you need the makeup hud.

Wear the Relay/Installer - if it's an installer, you only need to click it once, it adds the "magic" to your body and you can then go on ad add the makeup. If it's a Relay, you need to wear it every time you add makeup, but you don't need to click it or do anything with it. Just add and ignore.

Then add your makeup hud and click.

Kinda answering the replies in reverse order, but it kinda works out in this case lol. 

Turns out I can't use appliers on the version of the body I have. So that at least partially explains the problems; would probably still have to wrap my head around the process a bit either way.

That's good information to know regardless, for when I do move on to a full purchased body. I'm looking into those options already, actually.

Thanks for the help/info!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.