LadyJulietDream

Privacy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Animations and such are only visible - like your avatar itself - when others are within draw distance of you and on parcels that allow users to view others.

An example of this: I am at my home parcel and cuddling with my partner or a close friend and do not wish those elsewhere to be able to see us if they move their camera on over. There is a setting for the parcel that does this with the only caveat being that it only affects those outside the parcel.

2 hours ago, LadyJulietDream said:

Can I keep the interactions between me and another avatar private

You IMs will be private............. well, mostly - LL can access them if they feel the need.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

3 hours ago, LadyJulietDream said:

Can I keep the interactions between me and another avatar private

thank you

The closest you might get to privacy is under Land settings if you rent land. It enables (or stops) people from being able to see inside your land boundary from outside of it - it doesn't work if people are inside your land boundary with you. 

Untitled.png.f389ebc52656ffaa459deb6cbaa2c989.png

If you turn off public access to your land to everyone else except the avatar you wish to be private with (under the Access tab) and leave this box unchecked, other people outside your land will see you as a green dot on the map, but they won't be able to see you or what you and your partner/intimate other do until you step outside of your land boundary. A quick glimpse at the top of your viewer (depending on what viewer you are using) will show an eye icon with a red "stop" symbol on it if the owner of a parcel you are on has this box unchecked (and avatars are "hidden" from others outside of it).

Untitled2.png.2bf53fc2328eb24831cd49158f483210.png

If you click that symbol this is the description you will see:

Untitled3.png.e8179e42e86b29e2023b98c2b568da8d.png

If you want "physical" privacy in Second Life I think that's probably the closest thing you're going to get. 🤔

• Like 2

Juliet, go to World > Parcel Details, or right click the ground and choose About Land from the context menu.  The About Land window will appear.  Click the Options tab in that window.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.