Hi

LadyJulietDream

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, LadyJulietDream said:

How do I add underwear to my avatar, I have no knickers or bra.

1 hour ago, LadyJulietDream said:

Hi how do I add a body to a new off the peg avatar. If I take off my dress I have no body and I can’t put my dress on again. A very difficult situation for a girl to be in

Thank you

Hello, Juliet.  Welcome to Second Life.  Let me try to clear some things up.

The short answer to the top question is to buy panties and bra.  Then go into inventory and wear them.  Other than your starting avatar, everything is user made in SL.  People make these things, we buy them and use them.

For the second part (I copied from your other thread) I am not sure what your off the peg avatar is.  So I am going to go on a few assumptions here.  I may be way off ... but ... one of the things you can wear are called alpha layers.  These turn parts of your body invisible so they don't poke through your clothing.  If you take the clothes off you wont see the body because is it being hidden by the alpha layer.

Open your appearance window and look at the Wearing tab.  Do you see anything with an icon that looks like a tee shirt with a grid printed on it?  That's an alpha.  Take that off and you should see your body normally.

• Like 2

Lady if you are struggling with basics, I would suggest to check youtube channel by Strawberry Singh, she has a few introduction videos..

btw underwear can be mesh or an applier or system (works only on basic LL avatar atm depending on the viewer you use)...a number of stores add underwear to their clothes, for instance skirts or dresses come with panties option which you can hide/show via HUD... if you are new to SL, all this we are saying here probably sounds like a foreign language which is quite common for new users, there is a lot to learn/get used to...I really think you would benefit greatly by checking this video:  Intro to SL/Appearance

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.