No body

LadyJulietDream

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, LadyJulietDream said:

Hi how do I add a body to a new off the peg avatar. If I take off my dress I have no body and I can’t put my dress on again. A very difficult situation for a girl to be in

Thank you

It is not enought information. There are hundreds, if not thousands of avatars. "Off the peg" is not a clear enough description.

A general issue is that people use "wear" instead of "add". Add adds things, wear replaces whatever is on the same attachment point. A dress and a body can have the same attachment point. Always add.

Avatars can be meshed in one piece, so the dress and the body is not two separate objects. It is no help for that.

We need to know what kind of body you have, what kind of dress you have, and HOW you are trying to put the dress back on.

My guess is that you have a classic starter body, and you're wearing the alpha layer which makes part of your body invisible so it doesn't poke through the dress. If you take off the alpha layer, your body will be visible again.

To put the dress back on, find it in your inventory, right-click it with your mouse and select "add" from the menu. Not "wear" - that may remove other things that you're already wearing. 

• Like 1

I have a feeling you are using option "wear" instead of "add" when trying to wear body, clothes etc...The problem is attachment point for 99% meshes is hand, it is just the first option in the drop down menu for creators, but it doesn`t mean the item is worn on the hand since it is all rigged/fitted, which is why most don`t bother changing it....so when you choose "wear" option, if the attachment point for the new item is same as something you are already wearing, worn one will get replaced, using "add" on the other hand adds the new mesh instead...

There are a few things you will have to wear/replace like shape or brow shape cause you can wear only one at the time...

In short, in order to wear multiple attachments (clothes, hair, shoes, body, head etc), always use "add" option

Hope this helps!

Edit: ok I see Marianne already suggested this lol my bad!

Edited by MaxMare

12 hours ago, LadyJulietDream said:

Thanks for all your help very useful. I used the New Starter Avatar , Gretchen , or something like that, with the ball gown. I will add not wear and remove alpha.

My guess was right then; the starter avatars have Classic (i.e; not mesh) bodies, and they use alpha layers to hide the areas under your clothes. So you took off the dress but not the alpha layer, which is why you appeared to be mostly invisible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.