Compiling for an experience

Damian Mills

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone.

I thought I'd tackle a "simple" experience task to get the hang of experience coding.  All I want to do is change windlight on my parcel for all visitors.  I don't need to "force"  the issue, a suggestion they can override is good enough.  So I ran into my first issue right out of the gate.  In order to get access to the EEP stuff, I needed a beta viewer.  But that viewer doesn't have the compile for experiences option in the script editor, neither does firestorm.  So, the question...

• What viewer do I need to compile the script?
  • Is there a better option than llSetAgentEnvironment?  It seems pretty cumbersome to have to iterate through a list to get all the individual details when I already have an environment setting in inventory that would do the job nicely?  

Any other thoughts on best way to set a visitor's windlight (other than RLV)

1 hour ago, Nova Convair said:

You don't need a special viewer. You just need to compile in world and NOT in inventory.

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!  Yup, sure enough, that got me my experience box in Firestorm.

Next up, trying to code the experience in question.  It seems like a simple matter of iterating through the llGetAgentEnvironment list and then presenting it to other avatars in a llSetAgentEnvironment list.  I could've sworn that I saw some function to use environmental assets from EEP but now I can't find it.  But at least now I have the basics of being able to write experience code.

7 hours ago, Damian Mills said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!  Yup, sure enough, that got me my experience box in Firestorm.

Next up, trying to code the experience in question.  It seems like a simple matter of iterating through the llGetAgentEnvironment list and then presenting it to other avatars in a llSetAgentEnvironment list.  I could've sworn that I saw some function to use environmental assets from EEP but now I can't find it.  But at least now I have the basics of being able to write experience code.

You want llReplaceAgentEnvironment(). Just understand that neither llSetAgentEnvironment() nor llReplaceAgentEnvironment() have access to ALL the parameters that the UI can change.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

You want llReplaceAgentEnvironment(). Just understand that neither llSetAgentEnvironment() nor llReplaceAgentEnvironment() have access to ALL the parameters that the UI can change.

Thank you so much!  Yeah, that was what I was looking for.  And for my purposes, I hardly need fine grained control.  I just have a build with baked lighting textures for day and night.  I need a way to set the sky to match the current state of the build for myself and guests.  So if I can can any reasonably pretty sunset, moonset, noon, and midnight then I'm golden.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.