Enabling alts to rez in your house?

GinaFreumann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've wracked my brain trying to figure this out.  I've set up the group, all my (split personalities 😄 ) are in it, I've followed the instruction cards.  I can't see anything in "Land" to set permission.  Google is helpless, all posts I've found are outdated.  Can someone give me a "Permission Setting for Dummies"?

4 minutes ago, GinaFreumann said:

I've wracked my brain trying to figure this out.  I've set up the group, all my (split personalities 😄 ) are in it, I've followed the instruction cards.  I can't see anything in "Land" to set permission.  Google is helpless, all posts I've found are outdated.  Can someone give me a "Permission Setting for Dummies"?

Under "Group" you set the land to your group. Your alts will be able to rez as long as they're wearing the group tag.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/About_Land\

Sometimes I forget to change my tags and wonder why I'm not able to rez. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

Sometimes I forget to change my tags and wonder why I'm not able to rez. 

This part is frustrating. If the land is 'deeded' to a group, then the Firestorm option of "always rez under the land group if possible" will properly rez things with the right group tag whether or not your remember to activate the group tag.  However, for land that is simple "set" to group, that option won't do it for you.  I constantly forget to set the tag before trying to rez because I'm so used to Firestorm doing it correctly for me on my regular Mainland that is "deeded" to the group.

• Like 2

Also, remember that there are sometimes issues when attempting to rez something on a mesh or, particularly, sculptie surface.  No matter what the issue with rezzing is, the error message will be the "owner does not permit" message, as if there were a permissions problem.  If an avatar is in-group for the land and still can't seem to rez anything in the house, go outside and rez things directly on the land. If THAT doesn't work, relog.  And if THAT doesn't work, believe it or not, reboot your router.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This part is frustrating. If the land is 'deeded' to a group, then the Firestorm option of "always rez under the land group if possible" will properly rez things with the right group tag whether or not your remember to activate the group tag.  However, for land that is simple "set" to group, that option won't do it for you.  I constantly forget to set the tag before trying to rez because I'm so used to Firestorm doing it correctly for me on my regular Mainland that is "deeded" to the group.

Same. My alt owns my houseboat and I'm always trying to rez things there without wearing the proper tag. So rude.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Also, remember that there are sometimes issues when attempting to rez something on a mesh or, particularly, sculptie surface.  No matter what the issue with rezzing is, the error message will be the "owner does not permit" message, as if there were a permissions problem.  If an avatar is in-group for the land and still can't seem to rez anything in the house, go outside and rez things directly on the land. If THAT doesn't work, relog.  And if THAT doesn't work, believe it or not, reboot your router.

The flat prim rugs I have on my floors are not just for decoration. If I rez onto them, it always works.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.