Tilia is unable to match my personal information

Beev Fallen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lately I tried to provide additional information for Tilia account.
I submitted a scan of my russian internal passport (I'm not a US citizen) and a quick photo of the internet bill for july 2019.

I recieved the reply to my email, quote:

"We received and reviewed the information you recently provided, but were unable to match your personal information to any records because either document submitted is illegible, the information was entered incorrectly, or there was no file match. To make sure that your information is correct, please comply with the following requests:

Submit a Proof of Identity that is Not Handwritten

Documents must include information such as first and last name, date of birth, issuance and expiry date, as well as the document ID number. The name on this document must match the name you've registered on your PayPal account."

My internal russian passport issued in 2001 and it is handwritten. Handwritten in russian language, obviously. And it is a common thing for older russian passports. But it includes all that information, and was accepted by PayPal when they asked me for it back in 2016. I can only have a new passport, that is NOT handwritten, in 2025 (that's Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation rules).

So I have no idea what do I do.
Is there a Tilia support service for cases like that?

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Beev Fallen said:

Lately I tried to provide additional information for Tilia account.
I submitted a scan of my russian internal passport (I'm not a US citizen) and a quick photo of the internet bill for july 2019.

I recieved the reply to my email, quote:

My internal russian passport issued in 2001 and it is handwritten. Handwritten in russian language, obviously. And it is a common thing for older russian passports. But it includes all that information, and was accepted by PayPal when they asked me for it back in 2016. I can only have a new passport, that is NOT handwritten, in 2025 (that's Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation rules).

Theres a link at the bottom of this  thread to Tilia that might help

https://www.tilia-inc.com/complaint/

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Beev Fallen said:

I am NOT a lawyer in Russia or any other country so take this with a grain of whatever.

Find the legal reference in the Russian Federation laws where it states that handwritten internal passports are accepted as valid proof of ID. Perhaps ask someone at the Ministry of Internal Affairs for the law or statute that permits this. Once you have that information, contact Tilia, Inc. and present them with your passport again along with the text of that law that permits it (or at least a link to a web-based source that contains the law from the Ministry itself). Include a note that indicates that form of ID is considered valid in the Russian Federation.

Make your case, be persistent, and be as professional as you can while doing so. With enough legal basis Tilia may create an exception for the handwritten internal passports.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.