Jump to content
lolalilacs

Looking for fantasy RP

Recommended Posts

Hello, I'm looking for an active fantasy RP that allows custom races. Since my character is a neko, so part-cat, also a place that loves para-RP since my happy place in RP is that good ol' paragraph style. Anyone have any ideas of some?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe a Neko falls into the Anime genre, not fantasy genre. Just saying I've never seen . fantasy role-play or themed sim that allowed Neko characters as that is a very cultural invention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I believe a Neko falls into the Anime genre, not fantasy genre. Just saying I've never seen . fantasy role-play or themed sim that allowed Neko characters as that is a very cultural invention.

I have seen some urban fantasy RPs that included nekos, but it is unusual. City of Lost Angels comes to mind but it was years ago, no idea if they are still going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I have seen some urban fantasy RPs that included nekos, but it is unusual. City of Lost Angels comes to mind but it was years ago, no idea if they are still going.

Yes, i recall also, but that wasn't a "fantasy" theme as I understand the genre to include. If I recall that one leaned more toward science fiction or am I misremembering? Ugh, in SL too long, it's all a really big blur now. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes, i recall also, but that wasn't a "fantasy" theme as I understand the genre to include. If I recall that one leaned more toward science fiction or am I misremembering? Ugh, in SL too long, it's all a really big blur now. :)

It was more like cyberpunk/industrial. As well as nekos there were vampires, demons, angels etc. Still fantasy (in the sense of not-realistic/historical) but more contemporary in setting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, since I'm trying to look for modern-fantasy at least, or whatever roleplay that allows it. Since how she ended up that way was through an experiment that a group of scientist were conducting, they wanted to see if they could create a human mixed with human DNA and animal DNA. So she was a cause of a messed up experiment, I've been looking all over but I have no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lolalilacs said:

Interesting, since I'm trying to look for modern-fantasy at least, or whatever roleplay that allows it. Since how she ended up that way was through an experiment that a group of scientist were conducting, they wanted to see if they could create a human mixed with human DNA and animal DNA. So she was a cause of a messed up experiment, I've been looking all over but I have no idea.

/me nods, nods... Yes, I would classify that "existence" as a science fiction origins, rather than an organic or "natural" origin. When I say "fantasy" as I understand it, I am meaning within the Second Life lingual lexicon, that it usually means things like dragons and faeries, and ogres and things... Even though Science Fiction is also fantasy (in that it exists in our minds and not tangibly in the real world). 

I remember back in 2006-2008-ish Neko were a real BIG thing in SL, could not walk from one corner of a region to the opposite without bumping into at least one Neko. :) Though they seen very rare these days.

Edited by Alyona Su

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...