Hand-made lower LODs stretch

m0ld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's not a super urgent issue, but I am looking for the correct way to add multiple LODs of a model manually.

I am making 3 unrigged paws which are linked objects.

In Blender, I applied all scales and rotations. Each LOD export has the objects named "paw 1", "paw 2" and "paw3"

When I upload the lowest LOD paws on their own, they look like this

ef895a7b3da0fbe2649bdbf9f2a9b912.png?wid

But when I set them as a submesh to these paws: 8a3b2a9f82cb617bead565167f574d2b.png

the lowest LOD suddenly looks like this!
73682d71838c02f13b0e63f97ac2142a.png

I've exported various LODs (about 4 different LOD levels to see what I liked best) and they all have the strangely raised or lowered toes. I can't figure out a common link between why the mesh would look this way.

And yes, it does this upon import as well:

603991585bfae58ef2af6c66da386f5d.png
(this is a different LOD level i was testing earlier today)

https://i.gyazo.com/af24317c1420ab56f5ef3d423ebd2b60.mp4

Ahh - I totally didn't notice that they are totally being swapped around! Which is odd, because my naming scheme is consistent
I was trying to upload multiple objects for matter of convenience and to save L once I import these into main grid, but it's being the opposite of convenient right now.

1 hour ago, arton Rotaru said:

There is an official naming convention for the LoDs and Phys models:
https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/uploading-a-mesh-model-r274/#Section__4_1

Sorry -- by naming scheme I mean the naming of the individual objects within the scene, e.g. paw1, paw2, and paw3 being the exact same in both my LOD0 and physics. I will be uploading these paws one by one, but have a few more future uploads that are linksets which will have their own LODs, and am wondering if maybe I need to name the objects within the scene differently.

Right... thanks for clearing that up Arton! it also doesn't say what you would name a high LOD mesh. Would that be _LOD3? so, paw1_LOD3, paw2_LOD3 and paw3_LOD3? Or does the highest LOD not need to be named as such? It looks like i should be naming my lowest LOD paw1_LOD0 etc., so I will give that a shot today.

Edited by m0ld

On 9/12/2019 at 8:30 PM, m0ld said:

Right... thanks for clearing that up Arton! it also doesn't say what you would name a high LOD mesh. Would that be _LOD3? so, paw1_LOD3, paw2_LOD3 and paw3_LOD3? Or does the highest LOD not need to be named as such? It looks like i should be naming my lowest LOD paw1_LOD0 etc., so I will give that a shot today.

Well, the "high" is the main model itself. but ya, I think what ya wrote should be the way to do it with adding the _LOD2 at the end of the object names. Paw1, Paw1_LOD2, Paw1_LOD1 and so on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.