Hello! Patch Linden, when are we getting a home again?

Diane Soulstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Follow the thread Sylvia posted; there may be an announcement within the next couple weeks or so about a major release of hundreds of homes in a new "campers" theme.  These may be 512 plots, with 175LI for residents to use, unlike the current homes.   Or perhaps the announcement will be on the blog.  Or maybe just inworld, in which case you may want to follow this thread:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/439050-when-did-you-last-see-a-bellessarian-home-available/page/203/?tab=comments#comment-1973120

which will pretty quickly report any news of an impending major release.  Until then, single regions (about 20 1024 homes/region) will be released, often MWF between 7 and 3:30SLT.  As Alwin said, they go within seconds.

Which adds up to:

image.png.52a3a0822671ae1a191a7d7b355c29

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Follow the thread Sylvia posted; there may be an announcement within the next couple weeks or so about a major release of hundreds of homes in a new "campers" theme.  These may be 512 plots, with 175LI for residents to use, unlike the current homes.  

Per the part I bolded -- Patch has already said that these will be 512 sqm plots, though he abstained from saying whether or not there might be other sized parcels down the road.  He said all of that during the Meet the Lindens talk.

There was some speculation about whether or not they'd offer higher LI, but further discussion of that figures it likely is not do-able without some back-end coding changes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't know how much time you have available to continually refresh the page to see if you are lucky enough to be able to find your home in Bellisaria, I believe that this new policy of making new houses available without our knowing the exact moment is not the best. The first traditional houses have been available in mid-May, we are in mid-September and even many people with a premium account do not have the possibility of getting one. In my opinion it is really a long time.
Personally I do not like the option of the new trailer houses, yesterday I was trying to see if I got one but it is not my style. So I will have to keep waiting for the unknown time to be able to get hold of one of the traditional ones and waste the little time I have to refresh the page over and over again, being premium for years.
I am very happy that they finally realized that they needed to catch up with the creators in terms of quality but their policy of how they are doing seems really bad to me.
I think it was quite obvious that this was going to be a success and they should have prepared it better before making these houses available and leaving many people out, without access to the same advantages that other people have by paying the same to the company.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AmandaMir said:
I don't know how much time you have available to continually refresh the page to see if you are lucky enough to be able to find your home in Bellisaria, I believe that this new policy of making new houses available without our knowing the exact moment is not the best. The first traditional houses have been available in mid-May, we are in mid-September and even many people with a premium account do not have the possibility of getting one. In my opinion it is really a long time.
Personally I do not like the option of the new trailer houses, yesterday I was trying to see if I got one but it is not my style. So I will have to keep waiting for the unknown time to be able to get hold of one of the traditional ones and waste the little time I have to refresh the page over and over again, being premium for years.
I am very happy that they finally realized that they needed to catch up with the creators in terms of quality but their policy of how they are doing seems really bad to me.
I think it was quite obvious that this was going to be a success and they should have prepared it better before making these houses available and leaving many people out, without access to the same advantages that other people have by paying the same to the company.

What most people are doing is using a browser plugin that automatically refreshes the page and looks for specific text on that page (we search for Bellisseria) and when that text is found you get a notice (alarm) and you can check it and try to grab your LL Home then. However, you can only refresh the page ten time in ten minutes, so you have to set the timer to 60 or 70 seconds (70 to play it safe).

The plugin is for Google Chrome, so go grab the Brave Browser (which is Chrome without the Google Part because Chrome is BAD: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/08/why-some-experts-are-skeptical-of-googles-new-web-privacy-strategy/) then install the Autorefresh Plus plugin (there are two versions, I'll link to the better one:

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also worth noting that the big releases are a great time to look. Houses and houseboats have been popping up more regularly since the trailer regions were moved into place. The big rush to abandon was just as the trailers were released, but there's still a reasonable turnover going on. In other words, now is a bad time to spend time complaining and a good time to get refreshing. It wouldn't surprise me if it takes a few days to really settle down.

The next big release hasn't been announced (and could well be the new style, which would put it months away). Make the most of this one.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, AmandaMir said:

Everyone has access to the same advantages.  The only magic is clicking at the right time a house or HB becomes available.  @Alyona Su has given you some great tips.   There is also this thread for even more tips:

No sense complaining about what could have been or how they should have done it.  The houses are here and they are trying to make them and release them ASAP.  All the regions including the parcels are unique and take time to make.  It makes no sense for these new houses to just sit there for months on end when they can be releasing them when the regions are ready and people can enjoy them.

I myself have been able to get a house just by doing refresh when I happened to be on my computer and had time to do it.  I didn't have to do it 24/7.  There really is no trick or magic to this.   Some are lucky that they are around when new releases happen, it is just luck at the end of the day.  People abandon their parcels all the time and you most likely have a better chance of getting those ones as they can happen anytime.

Keep trying and you will eventually get something :) .  Hoping you get a home soon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the contributions indicating how to make it easier to try to access these new houses. I had already seen this last post Help and Info to get the new Linden Home.

At the moment when not everyone who has a premium account has a house of the same category available, not everyone has the same advantages. It is not the same to have these old houses as the new ones and that I think is quite obvious to everyone.

In my particular case I do not have much time to enter SL for several months and I have my own land, so I do not care to have the house or not, I have become premium long before these houses were available and not for having a house, my reason was other advantages. But those unfortunates who have not been online just when the houses have been launched, have not managed to get one for various reasons and want it, will have to live as homeless people for a very indefinite time. This for me is not to have the same advantages or that is at least my opinion. Having to check the page constantly for days and days I do not think it is an option for everyone, even if you have the addon. Of course I respect all opinions but I have my own and that is that they are not managed in the best way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.