Parcel ready for the public, Now what?

iMortTM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So ! New to having a parcel and it’s a public for ppl to come to enjoy as well! How do make it public ? Or is it already public? Iv tried searching my own LM buy entering it in “Places” in world. But I cant see it says “ not found “ . 

Thank you for the help and helping anyone else who has this problem! 

Today my birthday the way ! 

So ty for the gift of  knowledge 

So ! New to having a parcel and it’s a public for ppl to come to enjoy as well! How do make it public ? Or is it already public? Iv tried searching my own LM by entering it in “Places” in world. But I cant see it says “ not found “ . 

Today my birthday by the way ! 

PS. 

Yes I did edit the parcel details information ! :D

Edited by iMortTM

Happy birthday.   If you want people to be able to find you in the Places pages, you must advertise and pay a 30 linden weekly fee.  THEN you will show up in search IF the people type in the correct words.    You also can make a sort of mini- website within the Places area.  

Here is mine for example: https://places.secondlife.com/parcels/134563/road-to-nowhere

And here is the knowledge base article on Places Pages: 

Here is where you search within the Places Pages: https://places.secondlife.com/

On 9/11/2019 at 12:14 PM, iMortTM said:

So ! New to having a parcel and it’s a public for ppl to come to enjoy as well! How do make it public ? Or is it already public? Iv tried searching my own LM buy entering it in “Places” in world. But I cant see it says “ not found “ . 

Today my birthday the way ! 

Happy birthday iMort!

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2019 at 1:19 PM, iMortTM said:

So ! New to having a parcel and it’s a public for ppl to come to enjoy as well! How do make it public ? Or is it already public? Iv tried searching my own LM by entering it in “Places” in world. But I cant see it says “ not found “ . 

Or try to have your place being listed at the SL destination guide.
All you need to know about you can find here: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/about-the-second-life-destination-guide-r22/

I’m having little issue , I’m all ready and it won’t allow me to pay the 30$L week fee. It’s not highlighted . It’s grayed out. Do I have to advertise first then it would have to be highlighted?  And what do you actually have to do to advertise it ? . Or does it have to do with the owner of the land ??? I rent this parcel.  And it’s a  commercial mix  Sim. So it’s meant for businesses. My M2 is way bigger then 512. 

20 minutes ago, iMortTM said:

I’m having little issue , I’m all ready and it won’t allow me to pay the 30$L week fee. ... does it have to do with the owner of the land ??? I rent this parcel. 

yes, the button is only enabled for the Owner of the parcel

suggest that you talk to your landlord. Have them enable this for you. As your landlord will be charged the 30L fee, have them add another 30L$ a week to your rental payment

Oh! Thank goodness Iv already messaged the owner. My next Question ( and thank you so much btw for the help to all ) how do I own the parcel ?? Do i have to own a land  to own the parcel? Bc if that’s the Case . That’s a new thing Iv never done before lol. And that’s another Hole Question and form !  And that’s okay but we are here for Parcel and help ppl who aren’t having issues lol like myself . So thank you dooo much all for the help . 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @iMortTM

In SL, all land is, in a sense, rented.  However, we distinguish between "owning" land and "renting" land.  When you "own", you pay LL directly for your land.  You can own a Mainland parcel (if you are a Premium member) or you can own an entire private region.  Either way, you pay a monthly fee directly to LL.

When you "rent" land, you are paying another resident, usually in $L.  You may pay by the week, or by the month, depending on how your landlord prefers to do business.  You can rent Mainland from another resident, or you can rent a parcel on a private region (note, this latter is often referred to as "buying" a parcel, but it is NOT.  Any time you pay your monthly land fees to another resident, you are really renting.)

If your landlord agrees to set up your parcel to show in Search, there's no need to worry about "owning" the land.  Problem solved!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.