Problem with buying lindens

EurikaGray

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Greetings everyone!
So today I tried to buy some lindens but got an error "We were unable to make changes to current invoice", money from my PayPal account was charged but I haven't got any lindens. I called the support and they said me that it's a problem with game and they will fix it. So, the problem with billing was resolved, but I saw that my order was cancelled and then I recieved an email "An attempt to purchase Linden Dollars for your account via the LindeX page on secondlife.com has failed" from Second Life.
So, I was wondering if this amount will be return to me and I just need to wait or I need to report an issue in my PayPal account myself to ask for refund? I already submitted a ticket and waiting for answer but decided to ask here too.
Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

Check the USD balance in your Linden Lab account before panicking.  When you place an order for L$, Linden Lab charges your payment method and puts the amount into your USD balance until the sale goes through.  If the sale fails or you terminate it, the cash remains in the USD balance so that it;'s already there the next time you want to buy L$.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Check the USD balance in your Linden Lab account before panicking.  When you place an order for L$, Linden Lab charges your payment method and puts the amount into your USD balance until the sale goes through.  If the sale fails or you terminate it, the cash remains in the USD balance so that it;'s already there the next time you want to buy L$.

I already checked my USD balance, and it's empty.

5 minutes ago, EurikaGray said:

I already checked my USD balance, and it's empty.

Uh-oh.  So it's time to make another call to Support. I hope it's something simple and that you are just checking faster than they can enter the corrected information into their computers . If not, then you can think about panicking.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Uh-oh.  So it's time to make another call to Support. I hope it's something simple and that you are just checking faster than they can enter the corrected information into their computers . If not, then you can think about panicking.

So I contected Support again and they just said that I need to wait for an answer on my ticket, like the last time. So I was wondering for now how long I need to wait for an answer now? Just curious.
And also maybe you know what can they do with my problem? Like, there will be a refund on my Paypal accountor something like that?

33 minutes ago, EurikaGray said:

So I was wondering for now how long I need to wait for an answer now? Just curious.

I really don't know.  It's a triage system.  Sickest people first, especially those with life-threatening issues.  Then the rest of us.  Usually no more than a couple of days, though.

34 minutes ago, EurikaGray said:

And also maybe you know what can they do with my problem? Like, there will be a refund on my Paypal accountor something like that?

I REALLY don't know.  You'll just have to watch and see.

• Like 1

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

I really don't know.  It's a triage system.  Sickest people first, especially those with life-threatening issues.  Then the rest of us.  Usually no more than a couple of days, though.

I REALLY don't know.  You'll just have to watch and see.

Oh, I see. Well, okay then, thank you for your answers! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.