We can finally make chairs that don't allow people to sit teleport

Kyrah Abattoir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Figured i'd post this little tip here. But you can use the experience permission system to create experience chairs/beds/sittable that don't actually allow people to sit from across the room.

Using llSitOnLink() you can obviously do all your checks before the object sits the user (you'll need a menu to confirm obviously otherwise it's a little rude) but by setting the primite parameter PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY to true, you can ensure that avatars cannot actually sit on that object all by themselves.

Things I've made with this so far:

• Respawn points.
  • Chairs that only work if you are next to them.
  • Animated mini-cutscenes (squeezing through a crack in a wall, crawling under a blast door, or through a vent).

What other fun uses have you found for those functions?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Another way is to use a sensor-based rezzer. I use a scene version of this (though it's not available any more, sad): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Rezz-On-Sensor-Auto-rezz-on-avatar-presence/17901082 So there are two ways, depending on how one wishes to create the general visitation experience. :)

The issue with this method is that the chair is accessible to anyone, not just the avatar next to it.

10 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

A movelock "assist" that can't be overpowered by keyframe motion collisions or "special" pushes.

A sit teleporter that bypasses landing points, but must have public rez enabled "somewhere" in the sim.

Also, I think you're a little late to the party with the other "discoveries" as llSitOnLink() has been out for 3 years now, heh.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY

i made a couples dance with this. Basically how it works is:

1) Person touches the dance console or uses a HUD which communicates with the console

2) Gets a list of people nearby and shows them in a Invite dialog

3) Invite a partner to dance. When they accept then

4) Rez a invis plate at the feet of the person, auto sit them both on the plate (llSitOnLink)

5) Then they both get a menu for the dances, and it plays the dances like usual

6) When either stands then unsit the other and llDie the plate

i also made a chase game that uses the same technique

1) People touch the console to register for the game. Get a HUD (temp auto attach)

2) Choose "Chased" or "Chaser" from the HUD

3) if "Chaser" then HUD gives a dialog listing the "Chased"

4) Pick a person to chase. The person gets a message that they are being chased by the "Chaser"

5) The "Chaser" has to bump collide the "Chased" to catch them

6) When caught then step 4) above and do stuff

3 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

A movelock "assist" that can't be overpowered by keyframe motion collisions or "special" pushes.

A sit teleporter that bypasses landing points, but must have public rez enabled "somewhere" in the sim.

Also, I think you're a little late to the party with the other "discoveries" as llSitOnLink() has been out for 3 years now, heh.

Well you learn something everyday :)

Specifically PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY  is fairly new for me.

16 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

I use PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY on my escalators and moving sidewalks.They have no sit targets at all. The movement comes from the physics engine and friction, and sitting interferes with that.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.