I can not buy Lindens since last week

Kellynataly Twine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm in Lima Peru South America, and have always bought lindens using my Credit Card from "Master Card" and lately using Paypal. But since last week it doesn't let me. at the end it says "There was a problem charging your payment method". Can anybody help me ?. I have tried everything , and even I have updated my billing info with an ID and an utility bill.

Edited by Kellynataly Twine

7 answers to this question

At this moment, LL is doing some maintenance on their Billing system.  While your problem started before that, it will probably be a good idea to wait until they have fixed their problems before doing very much to fix yours.

When using PayPal as your payment method, the usual reason you get that "problem charging your payment method" message is because there was not enough money in the PayPal account to cover the charges.  LL will not wait for money to be transferred from your backup payment method to PayPal to them, they require instant payment.  Transfer some funds into your PayPal account, and then try your transaction again.

Hello,

I am from Germany, my last sucessfull Transaction to buy Linden$ was at 27. August. at 11. Sept. I try to buy Linden$ again, but the Transaction was declined. I have also Mastercard. I contact the support of Mastercard and they saw at the error Code, that the payment data submitted by Linden Lab are incomplete and therefore the transaction is terminated.

I saw today on the grid Status, that also Japan is involved with this issue.

Niki

• Confused 1

On 9/10/2019 at 3:21 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

When using PayPal as your payment method, the usual reason you get that "problem charging your payment method" message is because there was not enough money in the PayPal account to cover the charges

Is it really that way? I thought Paypal is set up to take the money after the purchase via bank transfer in general?
Means, i order something, pay with Paypal, and then Paypal takes the money from my bank account within the next one or two days. No need to have any deposits on the PP account.
I dont even know if there is a limit. It works with 10 bucks and also with an amount of 500.

Resi, yes, PayPal does work that way.  But Linden Lab does not.  If they don't get the money right away, their system marks the transaction as "failed".  If your PP backup is a bank account, my advice is to always keep enough money in your PP balance to cover your Second Life bills.

• Like 1

I have to take back what I said here.  In another thread, @Gwin LeShelle insisted that you don't need money in your PayPal balance to do transactions with LL, and I tested it.  My PayPal is linked to my RL bank account, which has a debit card associated with it.  Even with a PayPal balance of zero, I was able to purchase $L.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.