Getting our rocks on

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a parcel with a lot of rocky landscaping around it, which is great, but has anyone found rocks or rock textures that are close to matching the Mole ones?  I have a gazillion rocks and textures, but oh mai, sorting thru them.  I want to extend an outcropping into my parcel, and it'll just be an eyesore if the rocks look like they're from some other part of the world, lol.

Hey,  @Dyna Mole would it be a big hit to the booming SL rock market (???) if y'all were to share the rock textures ... pwease?

People could make and sell rocky garden arrangements, water features and caves specially for Belli!  It would be great for business!

*twitches ears appealingly*

backyard.JPG.8ac9b5e597139c798cfc35e0fffd2f38.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
add picture
  • Like 12

• Moles
30 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

would it be a big hit to the booming SL rock market (???) if y'all were to share the rock textures ... pwease?

Gosh, I didn't realize there was a booming rock market.  Rocks are in a different department in LDPW, so all I can do is send an interoffice paper airplane to the texture guys.  Who knows?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 3

Hello all!  It was suggested I move my topic here. so here I am   :)     I too would like Linden rocks and or textures.   The light gray ones in the back area are mine and as you can see, they do NOT match at all.     Thanks :)

Hello All,

I am in need of some suggestions.  I got a parcel on a sim I was really after.  I've tried several things with the yard and haven't been happy with any of it.  I'm looking for suggestions.   I'm trying not to lay a prim with a grass texture.   Help plz!    

Backyard help!_001.png

3 hours ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

Hello all!  It was suggested I move my topic here. so here I am   :)     I too would like Linden rocks and or textures.   The light gray ones in the back area are mine and as you can see, they do NOT match at all.     Thanks :)

Hello All,

I am in need of some suggestions.  I got a parcel on a sim I was really after.  I've tried several things with the yard and haven't been happy with any of it.  I'm looking for suggestions.   I'm trying not to lay a prim with a grass texture.   Help plz!    

Backyard help!_001.png

How about a backyard swamp... water, reeds, frogs and some stepping stones to the bench... and those weird greeny moor lights, so pretty at night...

Emma :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

Hello All,

Backyard help!_001.png

Not sure if this interests you, but I got some moss ground cover :  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Violetility-Mesh-Ground-Covers/9300841

If you want to see what it looks like just PM me I can show you inworld.

edited:  never mind looks like others gave you this link in the other thread!  Sorry.

Edited by karynmaria
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

Hello All,

Backyard help!_001.png

Have you tried tinting your rocks to help them blend in better?  It can help them to blend in, though still not match exactly.

As another rock collector I would love to see some mole rocks and/or textures available to purchase!

Edited by MystiSin
am a rock collector, not hoarder ;)
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

Hello All,

Backyard help!_001.png

Maybe a large deck?  A multi-level deck and some xerascape grasses or succulents in gravel beds might blend in well with the bedrock?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Almost right. The rock in front is actually two rocks, so you included one Mole rock. But that was because two of mine was hiding.

I have lots of rocks. I used to prefer the Fanatik ones, even if they don't tolerate stretching before LI goes up, up, up.

But now I have a new set of rocks. (Did that sound weird?!) https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TDE-Rocks/17981545

The Domineaux Effect. The rocks are bigger than the Fanatik ones, they start as 1 LI and will also increase in LI if stretched.

The Fanatik rocks come in 2 LI as rezzed, so the Domineaux wins from the start.

Plus the Domineaux ones has different textures, even a snow version. (Via HUD)

The rocks can be tinted a bit, as I did in the image over.

Fanatik to the left, Domineaux to the right.

Edited to add: I use the 512 x 512 texture version. I found no need for the 1024 x 1024 ones.

rocks_001.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Those look great, and I love Domineaux stuff.  But I was able to pick them out because they look different, tho of course good.

Mole rock textures, please!

Same family as the Mole rocks, I would say? Not just the same. Have you noticed that the Mole rocks are like building blocks with almost flat top and bottom? I wonder if the textures would look odd on other rocks. I bet they are mapped for each rock form.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2019 at 9:27 PM, Nika Talaj said:

ok then, give us the rocks lol.  If we use the same ones, what does LL get out of it? 

> Less lag

> Better looking landscapes

You know, when you buy a pack of trees, you often get free rocks and/or grasses with them.  C'mon, moles!  You can do it!

We don't have the trees either... Or the flowers in the ground. You can say the same about all the landscaping details. We got some potted plants?

LL could put all in the mailbox. As they could with the roof textures, the floor textures, the white trim texture. Did I forget something?

But a few rocks and a tree would be 10% of the parcel LI, and I would not use them. So they don't matter to me. Others could want to use them.

I think they are a bit ungenerous when they can't even include a full set of textures of the traditional homes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.